Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.. I turn on the ignition and the fuel pump keeps pumping... won't pressurize... Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Look inside the gas tank through the filler. Fuel flange is the thing to search for. This is where a pipe or clip fails and pressure is no longer held.

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
Redman, sorry for stealing your thread, my Destroyer is doing the same thing, first I thought this was normal, but your thread got me thinking about the situation, either the fuel line in the tank is damaged, the flange is cracked or possibly the pressure regulator on the TB is bypassing prematurely.

Things we both need to investigate:

I had siphoned the fuel tank of questionable fuel last weekend and fear I might have damaged the line in the tank.

I'm gonna run a pressure test and pull the tank head off to check out the innards.

One of my maintenance plans was to make sure these lines had not weakened after sitting so many years without use.

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
Is your R an 06??

How many miles on it, I see you're a newbie (to VROD's), wondering if your bike also sat all these years?

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
Noted in my New Destroyer thread, my issue is not the same as yours (they are wired & controlled differently), you need to check the fuel pressure suggestion, the system relays and possibly the ECM for the continuous pump run condition.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Also check your fuel injectors. If you guys run Ethanol ehanced gas, then you can dry out the innards of the fuel injectors and they start spraying like garden hoses in to the engine.

Ask Lux.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts