Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I was out riding and when I stopped for something to eat I noticed oil on my front fender. I thought I had picked up some spray from another vehicle. The following day I swapped out my stock bars for the Biltwell Keystones and noticed a pinhole in my front brake line just past the upper banjo fitting. I thought I could get away with the stock line and I could have if not for the leak.

So, I'm really good in a courtroom but when it comes to mechanical stuff...let's just say I'm learning. LOL I've read that I can replace the upper brake line only. However, when I looked at the whole line I see a rubber hose from the MC that hits a metal line behind the top clamp of the triple tree. Does the rubber hose from the MC disconnect from the metal line or do I have to run a new line all the way down to the manifold under the triple tree? I missed out on three beautiful days of riding because of this stupid problem. Haven't even been able to test out the new bars.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I was looking at the Magnum replacement lines but I need to know what length I need.

Thanks, guys!

·
The Hawk
3,755 Posts
The stock line is a one piece setup, comes out of the master cylinder and goes down to a union block that splits it into the left and right lines. There are ways to change it to a setup with individual lines and a separate block or just buy a new stock setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. Okay. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, so I found a local shop that will custom make my lines to spec. Does anybody know the size of the banjo bolt, including thread length? Are the MC and calipers the same sizes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts