Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seat elec 010.jpg

seat elec 011.jpg I'm installing a new Corbin seat and I have an electical module that will not fit under the pillion (see photos). The photo in the Corbin instructions does not show the module and I cannot figure out where it is supposed to go. The wiring is too short to locate it below the inner fender and there is no room to locate it under the pillion next to the other elec. components. I bought my R in January and the module in question was under the existing original pillion but just kind of "wedged" in. It has a velcrow strip attached but I could not see where it could possibly be attached anywhere under the pillion.
Could someone send me a photo of what there under-pillion area looks like or where this thing is supposed to be located.
Help! i want to get my new Corbin on so I can take a ride!

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Power Commander!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats your power commander,must people have it mounted under the Fake tank with the air cleaner is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Power commanders for the "R" cannot be mounted near the air cleaner because the ECM is located under the passenger pillion, opposed to near the air cleaner box. You simply have kinda wedge that in the little compartment thats right behind the gas cap...put the power commander under there too...click this link...then click on English insulation guide(for the PCIII USB)...then scroll towards the bottom for the "R" instructions...its a tight fit...but it can be done...good luck!

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=6&mdl=34&yr=2006

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats your power commander,must people have it mounted under the Fake tank with the air cleaner is!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please look closely at the photos. That's not the Power Commander. You can see the Power Commander just to the left of my hand in the second photo. The item I am speaking of is a stock Harley item. The Power commander is kept under the inner fender.

·
Registered
84 Posts
what you are holding in the 2nd picture is the stock wiring harness connector that originally plugs into the ECM. Thats now plugged into the power commander...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power commanders for the "R" cannot be mounted near the air cleaner because the ECM is located under the passenger pillion, opposed to near the air cleaner box. You simply have kinda wedge that in the little compartment thats right behind the gas cap...put the power commander under there too...click this link...then click on English insulation guide(for the PCIII USB)...then scroll towards the bottom for the "R" instructions...its a tight fit...but it can be done...good luck!

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=6&mdl=34&yr=2006
You the man Big Billy!
Thanks for the website. I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
please let me know about the Corbin. I've been considering one...is that the "Hollywood"? if so, is it the standard, or close model? Thanks
That's the regulaer Hollywood. I'm 6' with a 33" inseam so I needed the regular height seat and, since installed a set of Nightster handle bars which have abour 2 extra inches of rise/pull-back, I like the fact that the seating area is pushed back a couple of inches from the stock seat as well.

Didn't get a chance to ride it this evening but it feels really hard. I will hold judgement until I have a chance to sit on it for a 200 to 300 mile day of cruising.
As far as looks, I think it is great! I chose the standard "Mercedes" leather on the top with the "Basket weave" vinyl on the sides which has a pattern almost identical to the texture of the R gas tank (BTW the leather "basket weave" has a much larger pattern and does not match the tank).

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I was told ride it until it or you gets broken in. After that it is worth the $$$. I bought one used and had to put on 1K before it really became comfortable.

We need a pic of the after wires now that you got them placed under the seat....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told ride it until it or you gets broken in. After that it is worth the $$$. I bought one used and had to put on 1K before it really became comfortable.

We need a pic of the after wires now that you got them placed under the seat....

here's the shot.
The wire bundle on the left goes to the Power Commander.

Seat 003.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts