Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has not been my year, two months after being hit by a cab I finally got my baby back. Two weeks later I crash again, got cut off while in a turn and no way of getting the bike upright before hitting the brake. She slid about 20 feet on her side, I don't really remember falling but vividly remember the sound. Shop says I have $2200 in damage, mainly exhaust system, brakes and of course the always enjoyable labour cost.
My insurance will pay but I want to save some some money so I was hoping for some used parts, check should arrive in two weeks and I'm in the market then for the following parts, if anyone is modding and wants to get rid of his originals, please let me know.

Exhaust System or just the cans
Heatshields
Air intake cover
Brake lever
Right mirror

Please let me know if you have any of the above parts.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your wreck. You're okay I take it?

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad you made it through relatively ok.

I would guess you can get the exhaust and mirrors here from other members as many have upgraded to after market stuff already.

You might want to take this chance to swap in some after market parts too. I would rather go to the black levers and different mirrors myself.

Same with the exhaust, I would rather get the cfr, thunderheader or rinehart instead of the stock cans. (have not made up my mind yet)

Either way, good luck on the parts, and stay safe out there. :)

May want to clarify the year on your bike too, the 07 and 08 DX pipes differ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an 07 vivid black, I was looking for original pipes as my wife likes the fact that I do not wake her up every morning, same with my neighbours. My 883R has thunderheaders and they are better then any alarm clock.....

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
dvermehren said:
It's an 07 vivid black, I was looking for original pipes as my wife likes the fact that I do not wake her up every morning, same with my neighbours. My 883R has thunderheaders and they are better then any alarm clock.....

I am with you, like to keep under the radar a little, tho I drilled mine out.

Good luck finding your parts :)

·
LA NightRodSpecial
26 Posts
I have stock pipes, mirrors, dog ass parts...

Let me know if you still need these and we can figure out the details?

email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Ill send you a stock brake hand lever if you need one, Just shoot me an address

1 - 12 of 12 Posts