Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Lux has been trying to contact Corbin for me & it seems he has about as much luck as me. I have been filling out the coy e-mails for nearlly a month with no luck @ all. I have tried the main factory in Hollister & the Showroom in Daytona, but have had no response whatsoever.
I want to order a seat & pick it up whilst I'm in Daytona for Bike Week.However I must admit I'm having some misgivings with dealing with Corbin if they can't even answer an e-mail. It's pretty frustrating when I'm on the other side of the world.

Has anyone else had this problem with Corbin?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
No. That is surprising to me. I e-mailed them last year to get my seat re-covered and foamed. I talked with Sergio if my memory serves me. Very easy transaction IMO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
They had all kinds and colors of different leathers shown on the Corbin website which also said they do custom orders. So last summer I went down to a local bike shop that is a Corbin dealer and ordered front & rear seats for my DX.

So a month goes by and I ask the dealer to check on the order. He called them and they said they don't have and haven't had any of the leather I ordered (that was still shown on their website), and wouldn't be getting any more of it. So, uh, they couldn't have told me that the day I ordered it? And how long would they have waited to tell me? They wanted to know what leather I wanted instead. I told them to just cancel the order.

They lost an order and a long time customer. I had a Corbin seat on my 89 Softail for about 20 years and 100K miles. They made excellent seats then and they probably make excellent seats now, but they need to take better care of their customers.

This was not the first time I had heard of their poor customer service. I do hope they improve, because that was an excellent seat on that Softail.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I sent out an Email last Weds I think, Havent heard back, will try again Monday with a phone call.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks blokes for your contributions..I will see how Lux goes with the phone call, hopefully a one to one might do the trick. Nor'easter I will use your contact e-mail
if Lux has no luck, maybe the no response is because i'm half a world away..lol

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
YEah I was up in the High Desert Thurs-Friday with the Car show so I had no signal for a Phone call, Monday I am back in studio.

·
Another Aussie
91 Posts
I can understand Corbin having some issues in selling direct to an Aussie. They want you to go through their Authorised Australian Distributor. You could always have a local get it for you of course. This is the path you seem to be now following. They of course maybe aware of this given the fact anyone can reads these posts!:D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks Dave..Dorteerts I can understand that,if I was ordering from here & trying to do the Aussie Dist out of some dough ,but I will be in country where I can see the product & bring it home with me. Surely I don't have to go through an Aussie dealer when i'm in the US.Also if that was the case surely Corbin would answer my e-mails & inform me of this...very strange mate..LAOL

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Its not just you , I find loads of Companies don't bother to answer E Mail enquiries. I sometimes wonder if the person assigned to deal with them moves on or goes on vacation the company forget about it and it never gets looked at :banghead:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep stevel like most people i've come up against that in the past,but i would have thought a well know manufacturer like Corbin would @ least extend the coutesy of an answer. After all i'm try to give them business not take it away. I'm a reasonable person i'm prepared to give them the benifit of the doubt & hope things work out.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
If you have to beg someone to take your money it's time to move on. I;m sure you can find a local guy to reupholster / reshape your stocker. I found a guy here to redo stock seat in a material /pattern of my choice for much less that Corbin gouges you for. Good Luck either way.
Wouldn't be surprised if you found someone at Daytona.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
dig there has a few times ive waited on an email responce and had to call em on the phone , they had no recollection of my emails ,after checking on it ,a couple of them found my emails had got auto chucked in with the spam emails ,in the junk folders ,

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your right on all accounts Vambo i'm starting to wonder why I started at all, but I have seen a Corbin & it seemed to fit in all the right places, although i'm almost over it. Brett that would be ok except it's their e-mail u fill out on their site.Although I have also tried using my personal e-mail 3 times as well.
I'll just hang in to find out if Lux has any luck..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if I had started this thread in the Seat section I would have read the terrible reviews
regarding Corbin. It would appear the general opinion seems to be that of bad aftermarket service,shoddy workmanship & failure to answer e-mails. Also about financial difficulties, with the parent coy. I'm concerned enough by what others have experienced to quit while I'm ahead. That's a few more aussie dollars not going to the US..

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I hate everything about the motorcycle industry in Ormond beach.The complex is just way to friggin big and has become a large financial burden to the community.Everything is a minimum of 50% higher in cost than the surrounding community's.The fat bastard that made this place was a greedy no good piece of shit,and imo,has destroyed Ormond in the same way in which the other greedy bastard walt disney destroyed Orlando with his greed.
Those people at the Corbin store in Ormond could care less about some guy in Australia that enjoys his motorcycle.They care nothing about their customers,none of the gigantic stores in Ormond care about their customers,and it shows in how slow the products are sold.Stay away from them.Go to Millers on US1 in Daytona and buy a Mustang seat.They will kiss your ass for patronizing their store.They always have.

Last product I bought from the Harley dealer in Ormond was a coil for my 03.I needed it on a Saturday.The local dealer was out of stock so,I geared up and hauled ass over on my 07 X,made the 100 mile trip over in just over an hour!
At the time,a set of coils retailed for $53.The counter guy in the parts dept removed one of the coils from the box and told me if I wanted both,that I would have to pay double the list price.I only needed the one and against my rule,I went ahead and paid $53 for 1 coil.I wished the guy a good choking on his next meal.
I doubt I will ever buy as much as a bottle of water in Ormond beach again.
Also,while I was there,I looked around at the new bikes.They had a new X for sale at the mere price of FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! The salesman was dead serious about the price.I pointed to mine and told him I bought it in Ocala for 17,9.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I was on Hold for 24 minutes today waiting to talk to a salesperson, They played nothing but the Eagles while I was on Hold. I hate the Eagles, the only band I hate More is the Grateful Dead. WOW I HATE THE FOCKING EAGLES!!! I never did get to talk to anyone but the broad that answers the phones. She said someone would call me back. They didn't. I am beginning to dislike this Company. What is Odd is that I like my Stock Seat and had to listen to the FOCKING EAGLES for 24 minutes today.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I hate everything about the motorcycle industry in Ormond beach.The complex is just way to friggin big and has become a large financial burden to the community.Everything is a minimum of 50% higher in cost than the surrounding community's.The fat bastard that made this place was a greedy no good piece of shit,and imo,has destroyed Ormond in the same way in which the other greedy bastard walt disney destroyed Orlando with his greed.
You know AL, I lot of people came out when that fat bastard died and made him sound like Gods Gift to the world and that we all have lost a great deal by his passing Etc... I saw A Fat, Vile disgusting example of a human being, Putrid in fact. A perfect Shining example of what Americans look like to most of the world. I am happy to see someone close by that saw it for what He was too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Dave u have done more than enough to help me out, if u can arrange a meeting place while I'm in LA , The Foghorn in Marina Del Rey seems the spot.I will definately shout u whatever drink you like. Corbin.I'm so glad, in a way that u stuffed us around,it has given me time to realise what a terrible mistake I would have made, before I spent money that was far too hard to come by.
ElrodontheV-Rod, Also thanks for your thoughts, which only confirms what others r saying.
DO NOT DEAL WITH CORBIN.
Btw I will still spend my Aussie dollars in the US, but not with the above.
The invitation to meet, extends to any other member also.
To the Mods I apologise for not using the seat section.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts