Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my auto tune from fuel moto and it came with one page instructions. But on that one page was more like guides on setting up the auto tune once it was installed. Ok i put on the new exhaust ( finally ) and i do my parts list check for the auto tune.
2 o2 sensors. Check
2 wires leading from the sensors one longer then the other check.
New auto tune box check. It appears they combined the two small boxes into one. ( a little smaller then the PCV). Check
And two wires one that plugs into the pcv and some other wire that comes out of the auto tune.

Where does this wire connect to. I am on my phone and in the garage but if any one installed a auto tune and knows where that wire the only wire attached to the auto tune connects too?

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Power lead, you need to power the box. PC has a pigtail to reach the diagnostic connector, but I just stripped the abrasion resistant coating back some and pulled the connector rearward to be able to make the connection.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The more i read it it makes sense and yet confuses me more. Lol. I know the PC had to get plugged in under the seat for power and connection but I dont know where to plug in the Auto tune. Same area as the PC or am i looking in the wrong area? It has been so long since i did the pcv i thought it would be just as easy.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Maybe when they went to the one unit autotune box instead of the two boxes, maybe they dropped the diagnostic connector, if so then you should have two extra wires, red and black........ground the black and tap into a 12v power for the red...the power commander site says for the new one unit box(at200) that the taillight hot lead is a good place to draw power. Hope this helps............

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i know who to call next time lol thanks Dun. Hey quick question. cyclinder 1 is by the front tire right.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
yes cylinder 1 is the front cylinder.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks RSC. Love the videos by the way. I know I am supposed to enable the auto tune.
Power cammander too > configure > auto tune.

Then I'm told to enter things to enable require run time etc etc my thing is there's a extra block on the bottom asking how many o2 cool i get that but after all is said and done i cant click on the ok button =\ wth. I can hit cancel but what good does that do.

Ben

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just to make sure you did plug in the Auto Tune to the Diagnostic port on the right hand side of the bike next to the battery didn't you. You have to order a seperate extender cable for the Vrod in order for the cable to reach the diagnostic port.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got my PCV and Auto tuner. My auto tuner came with 2 control boxes and 2 O2 sensors. When I look at the website the AT100 is for Harley models and comes with 2 modules. The AT200 is a universal kit and only comes with 1 module and 1 O2 sensor. I would think the AT100 would be better suited for the VROD.

I have a "F" and dont have knowledge of any of the other models... I know that fitting all of the new equipment under the seat of the "F" was a pain in the ***... I have ridden it a couple of times and tonight I will pull of the rear seat to pull the map and see what the trim values are.

More to follow.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I spoke with Dyno Jet and two boxes or the new one box combining the two same thing. Yeah once I took a step back and woosaaaa I found everything I needed and everything whent smoothly. Except for when I tried to enable the auto tune on the power commander yeah that was a headache and a half....

Fast forward a week of phone calls the remote access my computer to peek at my auto tune and it was an old one with bad programming so dynojet promptly sent me a new one and man does my baby run :D

But I asked if it was better to have the older version of auto tune and they said " It dont matter same shit compressed into one unit making it easier to fit in your bike"

Good luck with yours and when in doubt step back and woooosssaaaaaaa :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts