Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a set of 444 Progressive 13" shocks for a Dyna at a great price. Progressive told me they are sprung 1 heavier than HD(180/210 vs Dyna SD is 210/250) and valved stiffer. I was looking for Super-Heavy-Duty shocks as I am 6'3" and a little over 300 and want to ride with my wife(just light cuising).

The tech at progressive was not very helpful in clarifying if these would work or not factoring in my weight and etc. All he kept saying was to look at the vin tag and calculate the weight that could he carried. Hoping you guys with your vast knowledge can help a newb.. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I have a chance to get a set of 444 Progressive 13" shocks for a Dyna at a great price. Progressive told me they are sprung 1 heavier than HD(180/210 vs Dyna SD is 210/250) and valved stiffer. I was looking for Super-Heavy-Duty shocks as I am 6'3" and a little over 300 and want to ride with my wife(just light cuising).

The tech at progressive was not very helpful in clarifying if these would work or not factoring in my weight and etc. All he kept saying was to look at the vin tag and calculate the weight that could he carried. Hoping you guys with your vast knowledge can help a newb.. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I have the 444s with the standard spring (120/170) adjusted to 3 grooves tight. It's good for solo only. Here's the spring rates for that shock. Page 22. Should guide your selection or choice.
https://www.progressivesuspension.com/assets/files/7100-105-Specs-And-Tech-Info.pdf
Not much good to say about the tech part of Progressive. Standard cookie cutter responses , usually not accurate.
In some adds they list standard, 250lb, and 350lb springs for that same shock. They claim the 350 for all up loaded touring. Some adds they claim standard or heavy duty. So much for consistency? Keep in mind the shock angle on the v rod is much greater then the dyna and this greatly effects spring rate/ stroke requirements and valving requirements. Gut feeling is the heavy duty might be what you want. Depends on the wifes weight. I won't ask.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.