Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these back...3 months after sending them to my painter. They are Nolan Flip-Up FF for my wife and I. I guess when you are a busy custom paint theme guy that helmets are a PITA. Have to tear them down completely, do the custom paint work and then re-assemble so they are still functional. Apparently very difficult. However, I am happy with the end result and everything about them still works.

Attachments

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Great match to the bike man, looks great! Good to see you and the Mrs. wear helmets.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hamletexpress said:
Great match to the bike man, looks great! Good to see you and the Mrs. wear helmets.
Yeah, I rarely wore a helmet until last year I crashed. I had a helmet on because I was in a rain storm. My head hit the asphalt and if I wouldn't have had the helmet on who knows where I would be today. I'm keeping it on.

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Very nice. I like that helmet too. What could I expect to pay for a custom paint job similar to that?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would like to have something like to to match mine as well. HD offers one in orange but not red.

·
CEMIRT Lifer
524 Posts
Wow, those are nice...a great combination.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All, sorry for the late response, I've been riding with that helmet for the first time. It's great. Take a deep breath...cost was $500.00 ea. for the paint job. Fortunately my children are raised, through college, married and independent from me financially. I'm spending money on this bike and accessories that I never would have done earlier in life.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dwight said:
Very nice bike and helments! Is that powdercoat on the engine?
Yes, the engine is powdercoated, the heads are diamond-cut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts