Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

Hey just wanted to share an option for a helmet lock that is completely hidden, I had a helmet lock from another bike left over so I went looking for a easy access but hidden area so as to not mess up the lines of the bike, this was mounted under the seat of my 2009 Muscle utilizing the hole that was already inplace on the frame, I just had to drill one .159" hole for the location pin and it clears the seat and allows the helmet to hang off the right side of the bike without touching the exhaust.
Let me know what you think and if you have any constructive feedback.

Regards,
Kent

Attachments

· Registered
276 Posts
Oh, I'm liking that. There's enough room for the D ring strap to reach that and put the seat down?

I normally use one of those steel cable locks you get when buying a pistol in a Blue state. I run it through the D-rings and around the back luggage rack, then plop the helmet on the backrest. ..but when I switchout the rear fender for the smooth one, I have no where easy to hookup my helmet lock.

· -MIG
Delilah, my '16 Muscle & Fiona, my '14 Triumph Rocket III Touring
222 Posts
Excellent idea! Thanks...

On my other ride (Triumph Rocket III Touring) I use a pistol cable lock as well.
-MIG

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I'm liking that. There's enough room for the D ring strap to reach that and put the seat down?

I normally use one of those steel cable locks you get when buying a pistol in a Blue state. I run it through the D-rings and around the back luggage rack, then plop the helmet on the backrest. ..but when I switchout the rear fender for the smooth one, I have no where easy to hookup my helmet lock.
On my Shoei GT Air the straps fit perfect and helmet hangs clean on the side with out touching the exhaust and that is with the seat in the down posistion.
Kent

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a couple more pictures with the helmet attached.
Kent

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Nice clean install & I like it ! Easier than my chain & lock around my R sport engine guard - btw what bike did that lock come from ? wifeys helmet gets locked to low sissy bar with Carbinger combo lock, but I'm going to see if one of those will work on my R !! Thanks ! (y) :cool:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice clean install & I like it ! Easier than my chain & lock around my R sport engine guard - btw what bike did that lock come from ? wifeys helmet gets locked to low sissy bar with Carbinger combo lock, but I'm going to see if one of those will work on my R !! Thanks ! (y) :cool:
The lock was from a license plate mount that had the lock on it, I removed it from the plate and mounted it directly on the frame, if you do a search on Amazon for "motorcycle helment lock" you will see them attached to tube or handlebar mounts and can be removed and mounted then directly to the frame.
Kent

• Helpful
Reactions: streetrodracer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts