Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some help.... I have an ACC helmet (non dot) and the liner finally peeled all the way up. Cant find any replacement parts except go to a fabric store and look around. I know ACC is not making motorcycle helmets as of now, and I was looking at getting a replacement. The 2 that keep coming up in searches is Daytona Skull cap, and Zox Old School. Anyone familiar with these helmets and maybe how they compare to ACC? Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
no idea how it compares to the acc but i have a daytona carbon fiber fits good, and i really like that the side straps are adjustable so it sits on my head right

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased a helmet from ACC about 2 mos ago. They sold it as a kayak helmet and the understanding that it is not d.o.t. approved. It looked as though it was made the same way as the M/C helmets they sold earlier. Now it seems as though ACC changed its name to Composite Craft. Heres their website:

http://www.headtriphelmets.com/products.php

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I'll figure out a way to get mine refoamed if it comes to it. I love my ACC non-dot. They call that foam Ensolite if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats what they call it. Why not call the company and see if they can re-line it for ya.

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Hey guys need some help.... I have an ACC helmet (non dot) and the liner finally peeled all the way up. Cant find any replacement parts except go to a fabric store and look around. I know ACC is not making motorcycle helmets as of now, and I was looking at getting a replacement. The 2 that keep coming up in searches is Daytona Skull cap, and Zox Old School. Anyone familiar with these helmets and maybe how they compare to ACC? Thanks!
HEY! i have the same helmet and i called ACC. they re-lined the inside of the helmet for free. it took a couple of weeks and i just used my spare helmet. they're really cool about it so give them a call.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
They focked up and decided to try to sneak by DOT with a DOT helmet. The helmet didn't pass tests. They were forced to recall and refund money they obviously didn't have.

If they had left well enough alone and stuck to nonDOTs then it never would have happened. They make excellent, marginally protective helmets (ie, better than nothing), but they screwed themselves big time.

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
I purchased a helmet from ACC about 2 mos ago. They sold it as a kayak helmet and the understanding that it is not d.o.t. approved. It looked as though it was made the same way as the M/C helmets they sold earlier. Now it seems as though ACC changed its name to Composite Craft. Heres their website:

http://www.headtriphelmets.com/products.php
Yup same helmets same company new name! I love my non-dot Get em while you can!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
They are great helmets. Just don't be foolish (like ACC was) and try to pretend they'll do you any good in a real accident. They might help you if you fall off drunk in a parking lot, otherwise it's just placebo. I admit it anyway. I wont ride without a helmet, but will ride with an ACC nonDOT. Maybe I need therapy or something.

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
They are great helmets. Just don't be foolish (like ACC was) and try to pretend they'll do you any good in a real accident. They might help you if you fall off drunk in a parking lot, otherwise it's just placebo. I admit it anyway. I wont ride without a helmet, but will ride with an ACC nonDOT. Maybe I need therapy or something.
You and me both brother. I always use my ACC but wont ride with no helmet... :chair:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HEY! i have the same helmet and i called ACC. they re-lined the inside of the helmet for free. it took a couple of weeks and i just used my spare helmet. they're really cool about it so give them a call.
Thanks guys, I can always count on this site. I will see about getting it relined. The foam didnt get messed up, just the cloth lining......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts