Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, my name is joe and i'm from italy

I apologize for my bad english......

I'm looking for a streetrod and maybe i buy it next week! ( i find a 2007 one with 6k miles on )

I had several bikes, now i'm driving an iron 2010.....but i need more more power.....

I'm trying to understand if vrod is a good and reliable for my use

I have a low mileage ( less than 5k miles per year ) and i go very slow for the 90 percent time...... In 10 percent time i flat out!

Please, secure me on my next bike..... Because i love it!

Bye
Joe

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i retired my bike last friday, and she's marvellous….. she's not easy to tilt in curve ( probably cause the 240 rear tyre ), but the engine has great power and sound with supertrapp is awesome!

but there is an issue….. when i open throttle ( not only when flat out ) at low rpm ( in every gear ) occasionally there is a bad noise ( i am quite sure that is not knocking or pinging ) similar to a metallic vibration ( someone suggested me to look for the belt cover )

any ideas ?

bye
joe

·
Noel
4,694 Posts
Could one or a combination of things you're hearing, the tuning disks on the SuperTrap, the Oil Vapor recovery canister (inside the air filter housing), the throttle plate shafts, loose exhaust flanges retaining bolts, loose covers on the exhaust pipes, etc.

Check all these suspect parts. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.