Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi horse power lovers,
just found this site a week ago and have to admit that I am impressed how many v-rod lovers are out there. I am from South Florida and love riding my bike on empty roades thru the Everglades. I am the kind of guy that rides the bike like I stole it. (Only when it is save!!!!!!!!!!) The fastest I ever got up to is 140mph. Is that about as fast as it goes? (Of course unmodified)

My V-rod is one of the first 2003 models which I got from H-D Peterson of Miami in October of 2002. Got now approx. 7500miles on it. (By the way Peterson sells all their bikes at Suggested Retail Price, which makes me laugh at the prices that some guys want for a used bikes on e-bay etc.)
Anyway,
Happy New Year to all V-Rod Fans.

Stefan

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Stefan welcome to the forum, always glad to have another v-rod fan. I would say that even though I have never had mine that fast that 140 is probably top speed according to gearing and rpm limits.

Max

·
2,552 Posts
Crash,

$500 to my attorney. He found out that the Florida State Troopers radar gun calibration was outdated. I was very lucky that the trooper was a Harley rider because he could have confiscated my bike, took my license and put me in Jail. It was just one of those things. I was on my way to Daytona from Orlando on a perfect day and a perfectly smooth road and I just wanted to see what it would do. The speedo was buried and I was at 8950 rpms. So I still had a Little bit more speed to go when I seen the officers lights. I can say this, the bike handles just as well at that speed as it does at 80 mph. That was with my 30 tooth front pulley. I would guess that at red-line I would have been over 150 mph.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
On a ride today, I followed a Dallas cop who was tailing a guy on a sport bike. It was a 60 mph chain, all the way through south Dallas. I'm betting the guy on the crotch rocket was pissed. As soon as the cop pulled off, he disappeared into the distance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello V-Rodders

:biker:

Went out 1/1/04 for the Polar Bear ride with a group from the local HOG chapter. I was the only V-Rodder as usual. It was a cloudy day but in the lower 40's. It was nice to get out with a group again.
I have an 02 that I picked up used-----450 miles on it! It had the extended warranty so I wasn't afraid of it. Since the purchase I have done the usual addition of chrome. Want to change the exhaust but still watching what others post. Leaning toward V-Mod. I did put it on a dyno last spring at a bike show. 103 rwhp. It is bone stock so I guess that is about normal.
I just found this forum this week and certainly enjoy reading what everyone is doing. Very informative to say the least. I wish all the best for the new year.

T Stephens

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Hello T stephens.Where in Ohio? I spent 20 years in Granville (near Newark - Nerk to the locals)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Daniii
Southwest Ohio, just north of Cincy. Plenty of winding country roads to cruise. Just found out about 2 recalls on the V-Rod. Both involve the fuel tank. Will have both done the next time I get a chance to get the bike into HD shop. Won't take it out in all the rain we are having.

tstephens

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome and Happy New Year!!!
You came to the right place, I can't even think about going the speed limit in the states. Every time I come home I get stoped twice for speed. I adverage 110 on the Autovon here which is slow, when home on leave 65 lasts about 10-15min then I can't take it anymore. I always pull out my International card with my Mil I.D it helps allot because If they are X mil they understand but sometimes they still throw the book at you and you have to PAY, glad you still kept your wheels ride safe in 04 Bro.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.