Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just bought a 2003 Vrod I pick it up on wed. I have a friend with a 2007 and a ton of extra parts so I cant wait to start changing some stuff and makin it my own.

One of the things I am going to do in the next 30 days is the gas tank conversion been reading up and I am thinking ricks is the way to go.

Do have a few questions

1. is the stock swing arm from a 07 will that bolt on to an 03? I am lookin for the 200 or 240 rear tire.

2. How good are the steering damphers I have seen on this site?

3. I am looking for the best mix of performance and distance any suggestions on pipes and stage kits. (yeah its a loaded question)

4. I am looking to paint the bike black any idea on where I can get some good quality pre-owned fenders tanks ect. The bike I am buying is the silver color but its signed so I dont want to mess with that at all.

5. The rims are the solid rims my friend who has the 07 has some slotted rims will they bolt right up?

Would like to thank every one for welcoming me into the community this is my 1st harley my last bike was a 2003 Honda RC51 before that I had a 954 a 929 and a 900RR. (all honda)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe
You can put up to a 260 on you 2003 swingarm that you have on it now
I have a 260 on my 2002 LMk if i can be any help Rick at [email protected]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome. I was a fellow cheesehead, but the unemployment rate in Racine forced me to move to the dreaded south. Still get up to MKE often.

The guys at VMOD have aways done good work for me ata fair price. I have a PCIII and Vmodded exhaust. I like the stock look.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, I am in the MKE area. Whereabouts are you? Happy to help if I can.
I actually live in racine, which is a stones throw from milwaukee and yeah if you dont know wisconsin you wont know racine but everyone knows milwauke :dance:

And thanks for the offer to help I mainly will have questions when I dont find answers either with google or this site.

hmm, so I dont have to change the swing arm to get a 200 rear tire or a 240. awesome. So then the rim from an 07 will bolt right up to a 03 swing arm?

I need to research I think.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
:welcome: from Milwaukee

To put a 240 on, you'll have to do some grinding on the swingarm. A 200 will go right on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts