Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm a long time rider and have owned a wide variety of bikes including a few Harleys.
Current ride is a XL 1200 CX Roadster which is nice enough but I recently discovered a sportier version of the V-Rod which has rather caught my eye...

I'm interested in getting an 2006/07 VRSCR Street Rod.
I like the fact it will have some decent power as standard, mid mounted controls, 40 degrees of lean angle and a 5 gal fuel tank :)
I have found only one for sale in England at the moment and hope to see it soon.
Certainly I don't remember ever seeing one on the road, they seem pretty rare here.
Any top tips on what to check specific for a used V-Rod/ Street Rod will be most welcome.

·
VRXSE/VRSCF
96 Posts
VRSCR - A good choice of machine, and becoming highly sought after since not too many were produced.

All V-Rod's throughout the range are well constructed, very reliable, and great fun. You just pick the one you want according to the style you're after. Mid-mounts, forward controls, blacked out, pimped up to the nines, or even one with a turbocharger which they seem to be able to handle with ease.

For a ten year old model, and depending upon condition and mileage, I'd be looking for play in the swingarm bushes (although they're an easy replacement) and wheel bearings; a possible stator cable oil leak down near the bottom of the engine; and for any leaks at the top which are usually caused by the existing owner not clipping on their breather hose properly to the airbox cover.

·
VRSC est -03
3,095 Posts
and-a-not-so-well-performing-gas/fuel-gauge... grrr.
BTW: Welcome to 1130cc!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts