Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for a Harley went though all the normal models ended up looking at a Sporster 1200R, but then came across a VRSCR Street Rod and read a few reports.

All of which all said much better than you would imagine a Harley could be, so £6K later a 2007 3200 mile black and silver Street Rod has been introduced to the Triumph Speed Triple and Tiger.

Yes its very good, apart from everybody complaints a brick for a seat, mirrors to see if you armpits are hairy and a knock from the steering head races.

The Remus cans less baffles are not members of the noise abaitment society that for sure.

Its got so much grunt makes the speed triple feel like a 2 stroke.

So will be looking in on a regular basis.

Cheers

Steve

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
:vrodforu:

Welcome to the RedHeaded of the RedHeaded Stepchild Club!

07?? SWEET!

:worthless

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Welcome! Big fun. A few mods, and you will be all set. Joe

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
Morning, and welcome.

Where abouts in England are you?

Needless to say there is a wealth of information on here that will resolve some of your issues, and help you spend more money.

The common fix for the mirrors is to turn them upside down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures

Thanks for Welcome

Start playing with bike today.

Took off airbox cover and refitted air temp sensor to lower air box cover, relocated horn to front of air clener under the tank cover.

Ground a new angle on the under side of the clock mounts, now can see all the speedo face.

Reset the handle bars to suit me.

Lowered the rear brake pedal.

Made a set of Baffles for the Remus cans, not paying £40 each for them.

Re fuel map, I have Remus cans, but standard air filter, to remap do you have a chip reprogramme or do you have to add a power commander type thing.

My pipes are very black and sooty so it looks like its running rich if anything but no paperwork came with the bike re rechip, nothing under the tank either.

Any ideas

Nice clean hornless left hand side of bike

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
That looks like Atilla!!! (My R).... Welcome to the R family!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

No cant make it somewere between lands end and john of groats on a touring holiday with the misses on the Triumph Tiger

But enjoy

Steve

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Damn, all that already, if you get bored working on your bike mine could always use some attention. That Bike looks pretty good.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Pics and explain the new Gauge angle please...

Good start keep us updated with good pics of your mods.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome Steve . I also have a black /silver R and similar problems too . I must check out the grinding of the clock support as its hard to see the top of them .

Enjoy

Moto

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Sounds like some sort of programmer might be in your future. I have a PC3 on mine and it makes a world of difference after a dyno tuning.

·
Registered
962 Posts
hey welcome to our small UK forum !

i had remus cans without baffles , i took them off becuase they were not "snarly" enough and now have the VH indy/comp/destroyer pipe now it sounds like it looks !

i to have relocated my horn , but i opted to have a twin horn set up for a little more "blast" and located them under the DX headlight cowl complete with relay, (have lowered my cowl via brackets so you cannot see the horns or the wiring)

you will have a list as long as your arm of mods you will want to do after spending some time on this forum !

Enjoy !

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
Welcome to the R club mate.
I have an R with open pipes and even with a K&N filter and a Dobeck tuner my exhaust ends are black. The Dobeck is a piece of p*** to set up. It has four pots to tune, equivalent to pilot jet, accelerator jet, main jet and crossover revs from pilot to main.

Clunk can be a mixture of things. Loose fall away, which in Yank speak is English for loose head race bearings, a slack top nut, should be about 50ftlb or could be improperly or worn front brake disc bolts or washers.

One thing you didn't mention was warped brake discs. Because the discs are bolted onto the wheel without full floater buttons heat is not dissipated properly. So here's a tip, when you stop at the lights after heavy braking DON'T sit there with the front brake on as this WILL warp the discs.
Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts