Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would say hi before I start asking stupid questions on the forums! :D :D I am an ex-sports bike rider (05 GSX-R 1000, 05 R1) Had to find something more comfortable for the wife to ride on the back with, so I reluctantly started looking for a cruiser (I was an unhappy camper about owning a grandpa bike). I looked everywhere and came to the conclusion the V-rod was the only cool looking cruiser. I started looking, was a little irritated with the going prices. My friend who switch to a cruiser (M109) from a sports bike said I would love it, I told him to stick it where the sun don't shine. Came across an UNBELIVABLE deal, regretted the purchase all the way home. Next day cleaned her up and rode it for the first time with my friend (other than a test drive) and now we are inseperatable!!! :alien: :I even set a cot up next to her in the garage. Best thing I have ever purchased, never getting on a sports bike again! :laugh: :plause:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
:welcome: :vrod: :welcome:

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
1966stang351 said:
I thought I would say hi before I start asking stupid questions on the forums! :D :D I am an ex-sports bike rider (05 GSX-R 1000, 05 R1) Had to find something more comfortable for the wife to ride on the back with, so I reluctantly started looking for a cruiser (I was an unhappy camper about owning a grandpa bike). I looked everywhere and came to the conclusion the V-rod was the only cool looking cruiser. I started looking, was a little irritated with the going prices. My friend who switch to a cruiser (M109) from a sports bike said I would love it, I told him to stick it where the sun don't shine. Came across an UNBELIVABLE deal, regretted the purchase all the way home. Next day cleaned her up and rode it for the first time with my friend (other than a test drive) and now we are inseperatable!!! :alien: :I even set a cot up next to her in the garage. Best thing I have ever purchased, never getting on a sports bike again! :laugh: :plause:
Welcome to the forum...what model V did you get?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
:welcome: So you never said what kind of bike you got? where's the pictures? I agree that your buddy can stick it when he says buy a m109 :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys !! Sorry I have been to busy riding to take pictures!! I will promise some by tomorrow. I do not know what model it is, I did not know there was different models. Its silver, otherwise what are the differences ??

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Lock yourself in a closet with a computer and access to this site... give yourself a day surfing this site and you'll know more than most dealers about the best damn bike Harley ever built.

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Welcome to the group!! You will enjoy it here.

A bit off topic but how did you stuff a 351 in your 66 mustang? I'm thinking about doing the same but really don't want to remove the shock towers.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
1966stang351 said:
Good choice on not going with the M109.. My VRod will/has beat the M109 pretty easily..

:vrodforu:

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Now park it long enough to take a pic for us then go have fun LOL

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
1966stang351 said:
Thanks guys !! Sorry I have been to busy riding to take pictures!! I will promise some by tomorrow. I do not know what model it is, I did not know there was different models. Its silver, otherwise what are the differences ??
the differences are different color frames, different handle bars, mid pegs, foward controls, some are taller with different seats, and I'm sure I've missed many differences.....once you post a picture somebody will tell you, or look thru the gallery here :thumb:

·
Registered
452 Posts
roxxley-rockets said:
Welcome to the forums. Lock yourself in a closet with a computer and access to this site... give yourself a day surfing this site and you'll know more than most dealers about the best damn bike Harley ever built.
:them:

welcome!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts