Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all in this forum. My name is Mike. I live in the Far Northern suburbs of Illinois.

I will be a V-ROD owner soon. I'm excited to join the Harley Davidson community.

I'm a new member of a few other Harley Davidson Forums and discovered this V-ROD specific forum through them.

I am not a trouble maker and hope to make new on-line friends and possibly meet some of you.

As with the other forums I am a member of. I hope to learn more about Harley bikes especially the V-ROD and share my knowledge, trials and tribulations with everyone.

Well, thats it in a nutshell.

Mike

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome Mike, you found the right place for v-rod enthusiast.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Glad to have you with us.
(I'm originally from Peoria, Illinois...sevaeral other folks here from Illinois)
- Crash

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of welcomes!! Thank you all. I do plan on contributing to this site. I'm already finding out that there is a wealth of good info to be had here. I know I will learn more than I ever can preach.
Thank god for the on-line community!!

jlbait- without being too too specific on my whereabouts (No disrespect) I live next to Gurnee Illinois. Home of Six Flags Great America and the Gurnee Mills Mall.

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Welcome, neighbor!!! I can see GA's Christmas tree from the roof of my house (if I stand on the chimney)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey..another Illinoisian...cool. I'm from the deep south part of Illinois near Carbondale....welcome

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Welcome Mike!

Do all those bikers still meet on sunday morning on route 41 near Lake forest? If so we will have to meet up when the weather turns . Welcome to the Cult:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KBOlsen, BobT, sospolice, vrodheat _Thanks for the warm welcomes!!

KBOlsen- Wow you are close to Great America!! Nice website also. We are about a year apart and have the same type jobs.....Pretty fascinating.

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Re: Welcome Mike!

vrodheat said:
Do all those bikers still meet on sunday morning on route 41 near Lake forest? If so we will have to meet up when the weather turns . Welcome to the Cult:D
The Highland House closed last summer. Folks are now gathering all over the place... Fatman's is now serving breakfast, there's the Full Moon in North Chicago... unfortunately, there isn't the variety of bikes in any one spot. Lot less to see. :(

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Kim, thanks for the update

Sorry to hear that :( but maybe the word will get around and we will take over another spot;) We heard about that place all the down on the south side,and it takes alot for us to visit you all Yankees:eek: Hope to hook up with you guys and gals for a breakfast ride when the snow melts:D

latter Dave

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
LOL, Dave!!!

Yeah, the Highland House was someplace special... tradition was started a whole bunch of years ago by a group of BMW riders who would meet there for breakfast before heading out "wherever". Over time, it became the "jumping-off point" for lots of groups... on any given Sunday morning you could find just about anything there... from obscure vintage marques to Harleys, racebikes to Gold Wings, you name it. It's even been featured on the local TV news once or twice.

The family that operated the restaurant still owns the property. Last I heard, they were looking for someone to take over its operation - rumor has it that the same family that took over the Fatman Inn has been in discussion with them.

I think a 'Rod breakfast meet would be a great idea!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts