Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Got a mail from Kaz who invited me here, so here I am.
Have a 2002 rod, topless, SE filter, BUB exhaust, UHS swingarm Speedpoint Big Wheels (240) & discs plus a few other custom bits.
Have just fitted the wheel kit & pipe. Previously I was running a SE pipe, topless with the stage one SE download. This gave 75 ft/lbs of torque & 110 hp.
My mate with the dyno is back from holiday next week so I will know then what the BUB pipe & the PC111 are delivering.
Nice site, now I've got some reading to do!
Later,
Paul.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum, your bike sounds sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of this setup. If you haven't found your way to the gallery yet take a look and post some pics for us.

Max

http://www.v-rodforums.com/photopost

·
2,552 Posts
african paul said:
Hi All,
Got a mail from Kaz who invited me here, so here I am.
Have a 2002 rod, topless, SE filter, BUB exhaust, UHS swingarm Speedpoint Big Wheels (240) & discs plus a few other custom bits.
Have just fitted the wheel kit & pipe. Previously I was running a SE pipe, topless with the stage one SE download. This gave 75 ft/lbs of torque & 110 hp.
My mate with the dyno is back from holiday next week so I will know then what the BUB pipe & the PC111 are delivering.
Nice site, now I've got some reading to do!
Later,
Paul.
Paul,

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: You will really enjoy all of our members. They are a great group of people. Now I have a question from you. Where did you get the UHS swingarm, how much did it cost and how much wider is it than the stock swingarm. Also can you post a pic of your bike. It sound hot.

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Paul,
My New V-roding Brother :vrodforu: !You should fit in Nicely since you Obviously Love your V-rod as Much as The Rest Us!Please Get some pics to Max and Start Mingling.We Have The Best Group of V-rodder's in the World that Love to Learn and Share about Our Bikes! :thumb:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VRod with UHS/arm

Hello All,
Thanx for the righteous welcome!
Attached (I think so anyway,am not familiar with web sites) is a pic of my bike. I will root around for the price & spec of the swingarm. I got the swingarm with the wheel kit from Speedpoint Rcing in Germany. Finished the fitting last weekend & done about 100 miles since. All feels good, handling is slower but lighter than the solids & much better in wind, passing trucks etc.
One problem though. I'm pretty sure the wheels are true to the centreline, spent an afternoon on the dyno & there were no signs of snaking or trying to climboff the roller, also the bike runs true when I take my hands off the bars (which it never did before). But the wheel sits about an inch to the left of the centreline of the fender, which is highly embarrassing. I haven't actually measured the truth of the wheels yet but will do at the weekend. You can clearly see the problem in the photos. Is the vrod like some of the older Harleys I've had where the fender is not true as standard?
Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the kit. As for the rod itself, what can I say, I've ridden every day since '72 but I've never had a better ride. Never gonna need another bike!
Paul.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jan,
I come to Hamburg sometimes, I work for Airbus.
Next time you can pour me some of that wine!
Cheers,
Paul.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Paul,
Welcome. You will have a blast. I noticed the African Paul, where are you originally from?
Cheers Derek

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Derek said:
Paul,
Welcome. You will have a blast. I noticed the African Paul, where are you originally from?
Cheers Derek
Hi Derek,
My folks emigrated from UK to South Africa in '69 when I was 15, stayed there till I cam back to UK in '86. Got the moniker 'cos of the horrendous accent I had back then. Sound like a limey again now though!
Paul.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was born and raised in Transkei.Still own a holiday cottage on the wild coast near Wavecrest. Immigrated to the USA in 1994. Still got the accent.
Cheers Derek

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome aboard!

:welcome: The fry guy

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Derek said:
I was born and raised in Transkei.Still own a holiday cottage on the wild coast near Wavecrest. Immigrated to the USA in 1994. Still got the accent.
Cheers Derek
Howzit Derek,
I spent many happy years riding round the East London area. In those days I was working as a Greenkeeper & lived at both the East London & West Bank clubs.

I also spent a lot of time in Jo'burg & Cape Town, my family still lives in Halfway House or Gauteng I think it's now called.
I was a Triumph fanatic in those days, rode my hopped up Bonnie all over the land. The freedom & total lawlessness that was RSA back then was an experience that is hard to describe but I'm grateful for having been there.

There was a lot of development in SA during the 70's, we used to work manic hours on consruction sites & refinery shutdowns for 3-6 months then joll like maniacs for the rest of the year! Sakke, sakke vol dagga & all that.

I've attached a pic of my rod, done some work but still along way to go. want to lower the bars & clean up the levers & master cylinders next. I have just fitted 6 pot Beringer brakes to finish off the wheels & will probably change the front fender soon. Riding in England a fender that actually catches a bit of water is a good idea!

Cheers,
Paul.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Boet,
We could have crossed paths in the past. I went to school in East London (E.L. Technical College) opposite Selborne. Played rugby for Buffs Club and worked in E.L. Ended up buying a place on the Gonubie river but strill preffered Cebe (wild coast).
I will check out your ride. Ride safe Bro!
Sien jou later.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Hi Paul

I'm just up the road in Swindon, this is a great forum for us in the UK. The guys here are really technical, I wish I could understand it all.
I,m still trying to get my head round the topless thing. The SE catalogue says it gives more HP, but my dealer aint too keen on it.

I would like to see that 240, I'm dreaming of getting one.

Mr Vrodder

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Hi Paul
I'm a bit further away in Lancashire but I did live in Bristol for a short while many years ago - lovely city.
This is a fantastic forum - everything you ever wanted to know about the V-Rod and then some.
I'm still hoping that UK members might want to meet up again this Summer perhaps somewhere in the Midlands again.

Cheers
Christine

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Christine I remember seeing pics from the first UK members meet, they were very nice. Do you by any chance still have copies of some of those to post in the gallery?

Max

1 - 20 of 31 Posts