Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recently registered. I don't have a V-Rod yet but that will change. I want to learn more about the motorcycle before I get one. Finally found an excellent forum with what looks to be a great crew!

Isn't this V-Rod a killer bike! Nothing looks like it...definitely stands out in a croud!

I have a 81 Honda CX500D which I've ridden since '82. My other hobby cars have mainly prevented me from buying the Harley I've wanted for years. But now I plan to get the V-Rod and get back in to some real motorcycle cruising. ('been riding the CX only locally and its really down on the power)

Also I'm relatively new with computer/msg board functions...this is my third attempt to post!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum wild-t

Max

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all!

Back from a short trip. Work brings me on the road often and up to a week at a time.

Val, I've got some research to do...don't know what a/b means. But I'll be looking over the past posts, etc.

When I get one of my cars sold this spring I plan to make the purchase.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
wild-t said:
Val, I've got some research to do...don't know what a/b means. But I'll be looking over the past posts, etc.
Wild-T,
She is refering to the 2002-2003 VRSC"A" or the 2004 VRSC"B". Major difference is the "B" comes in colors, has a black frame, has a 28 tooth sprocket factory, and a different instrument cluster. Alco has a bit less chrome that the "A" model. More difference than this, but these are the major points

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks VRODScout. It was last spring when I was at my local dealer looking at the V-rods. I had heard that colors would be offered. I'll have to get down there and check them out in person!

I probably buy a 'B' new but also may buy either an A or B used.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Val, I just checked out the Harley website (its been a year since I was last there). Its been updated somewhat and it now shows the A & B. Looks like you can still get an A new-and in colors.
That may be what I'm looking for.
But the site gives no expanded info on the differences VRODScout mentioned. But from the small photo I think I like the A over the all black frame, but will have to see the B up close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts