Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take the opportunity to say hi to you all. Some of you might know me from the V-Twin forum, but for those of you who don't, here's who I am.

I'm a business analyst with a Canadian based oil and gas company who has operations in Yemen. I have been working in their Yemen operations now for about 2 years. The job is a rotational position which means I work in Yemen for 5 weeks and then have 5 weeks off at home.

During my time off I love to ride my 2003 two-tone V-Rod. When I am not riding it, like most of you, I am modifying it. I've had numerous bikes in the past but never have I been as obsessed with a bike as much as I have with this one! It's like a whole new life style.

Also wanted to say Kudos to Max for this forum. I registered here just after it stared up so I've had the opportunity to see it grow over the past few months (I had to register again a couple of days ago because my account was no longer active - with travelling and other activities over the last couple of months it kept me away from the forum).

You've done a great job Max and it's awesome to see the large group of people that are here now! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the all the posts over the last couple of days. This place has a wealth of knowledge and some amazing members!

It's great to be back!
Craig

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Glad to have you here fehrc. The reason you had to re register was on sep 25th we moved the forum to a new dedicated server, the first month I saw that I had underestimated the reaction the forum would get and the size it could be. We also changed to vbulletin software at that time to allow the users to be more interactive. Rather then try to migrate the first months data into the new forum I decided to start the vbulletin forum from scratch so that we would not have sql errors down the line from migrated data.

Again welcome and glad to have you here, it seems that most here have a true addiction to the v-rod.

Max

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Max. Glad to be here and glad to see just how much this forum has taken off! Again, great work!

·
4,638 Posts
FEHRC.... WELCOME ABORD THIS IS A FORUM THAT IS FULL OF KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD PEOPLE :cheers:

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
hey craig, fellow calgarian!
got to see the flames beat chicago on saturday at the saddledome. How 'bout this weather? Good thing I have my sled for these cold days. I am over in Chestermere. Love my v-rod. Kinda scarce around here though, aren't they? Curious about performance expertise around here for these things. Any experiences?

Kerry

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kerry,

Good to hear about another Calgarian. You're right, there aren't that many of us around. I personally know of 5 of us now. There probably aren't many of us due to the short riding season - sometimes tough to justify such an expense due to this.

I am in the South of Calgary but just bought a home in Okotoks and am moving out there next month. It'll be nice next summer being closer to the mountains!

I've done a lot of modifications to my V-Rod but nothing really in the area of increased performance. I have heard though of other people's experiences and they haven't been that good. I know that both Kane's and Southern don't have a lot of experience or expertise in this area. If and when I choose to do something in this area I think I will check with the boys at Blackfoot. They seem to be quite knowledgable there - or at least I'm sure they can recommend someone.

I know it's a long ways off but we'll have to keep in touch and take some rides in the summer! Also, it's always nice to see what other V-Rod owners are doing to their bikes.

Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts