Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my crotch rocket and got a 08 night special. First off I love this bike. Now for the questions. I was looking into putting a 260 tire on the rear of this does it actually look wider with a stock wheel or does it get taller? Also with a side mount license plate what are you guys doing about blinkers? And lastly what seems to be the best breather for these bikes? Just a filter install or is it some sort of intake kit? That's all for now sorry if these are receptive questions on here. Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello and welcome! Metzler makes a really good 260. I have seen some argument that the Avon Cobra 250 is actually wider than the Metzler 260 (if you use the search function and do a "tire" search you should find some interesting threads). Personally Im going with the Avon Cobra 250 from research Ive done. For blinkers and side mount, there are relocation kits you can get that mount to the uper shock bolts or I have seen guys do LED kits. http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1

GRCustoms has been a favorite place of mine to spend lots and lots of money hahaha...

K & N Air Filter or AMS Filter as usual.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Remember if you do LEDs you have to get a load balancer also. The lights will blink real fast if you don't. EBay has great LED lights for cheap. I got mine for $35 a set, but be sure what you are getting. Now that everybody is doing black there are a bunch of lights that are plastic, not metal. I would recommend getting metal ones.

I have the K&N filter and drilled stock pipes. You will need to get some sort of fuel management if you do this. I did this because there was a map from harley that could download into the stock system and it was only $50. If you do pipes (good idea the stockers weigh a ton) you will definitely need a management system. Keep your eyes out because I see them go for $125-150 for used ones.

-Keith

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike came with 2-1 rinehart exhaust with the power commander. I am really wanting to get rid of the power commander when I get an intake and get a good dyno tune done. And yes I know it's expensive but driving racecars for going on 19 years I've learned you get what you pay for lol

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You certainly do!

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
The bike came with 2-1 rinehart exhaust with the power commander. I am really wanting to get rid of the power commander when I get an intake and get a good dyno tune done. And yes I know it's expensive but driving racecars for going on 19 years I've learned you get what you pay for lol
You will still need the Power Commander... unless you plan to switch it out for a different fuel manager for some reason but you need something.

·
The Riding Dutchman
64 Posts
I just sold my crotch rocket and got a 08 night special. First off I love this bike. Now for the questions. I was looking into putting a 260 tire on the rear of this does it actually look wider with a stock wheel or does it get taller? Also with a side mount license plate what are you guys doing about blinkers? And lastly what seems to be the best breather for these bikes? Just a filter install or is it some sort of intake kit? That's all for now sorry if these are receptive questions on here. Thanks

This is a Metzeler 260 tire next to the stock Dunlop 240...sometimes 1 picture says more than a 1000 words

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm switching to the actual HD tuner instead of the PCIII piggy back system. And on the picture of the tires that 260 looks great but my question is when it's mounted on a stock width wheel will it still look that wide or will the wheel make it start to round out and actually be taller instead of that much wider?

·
The Riding Dutchman
64 Posts
I'm switching to the actual HD tuner instead of the PCIII piggy back system. And on the picture of the tires that 260 looks great but my question is when it's mounted on a stock width wheel will it still look that wide or will the wheel make it start to round out and actually be taller instead of that much wider?
It still makes it that much wider when mounted!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts