Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a Heel-Toe-Shifter just like v-mod has.
Anybody has one ? Thanks.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat but it does not seem to fit with an engine guard.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I had vmod build one using 2 toe shifters,it came out very nice.Broke it once on a lay down,but welded it back
together.It's been with me since 06,and as you can see no problem with the engine guard. You might consider
looking for one on ebay,and if you like I could weld it to your exsisting shifter,just need to grind a radius and weld
it up.
I believe Sharky has a product that turns your running boards into a shifter,and brake pedal you might give him a shout at ([email protected]) Roge

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been looking for same thing. Like the looks of your cutom made one. Cycle Vision says won't fit with engine guard but then they say it might....lol. What does that mean? V-Mod no longer sells theirs and no luck on E Bay for about 3 months now. How much do you have invested in this one you had built?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Or better yet if I furnished the extra toe shifter what could you build me one for and would it be smooth enough to just polish and look good?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is a nice bike you have there! I am new here and shopping for my '08 or newer DX. Coming off an FLHX, I like the heel/toe shifter. Yours looks great. Did you simply overlap the two shifters or did you butt them together and weld? Very nice job! Thanks.

Phil

I had vmod build one using 2 toe shifters,it came out very nice.Broke it once on a lay down,but welded it back
together.It's been with me since 06,and as you can see no problem with the engine guard. You might consider
looking for one on ebay,and if you like I could weld it to your exsisting shifter,just need to grind a radius and weld
it up.
I believe Sharky has a product that turns your running boards into a shifter,and brake pedal you might give him a shout at ([email protected]) Roge

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
That is a nice bike you have there! I am new here and shopping for my '08 or newer DX. Coming off an FLHX, I like the heel/toe shifter. Yours looks great. Did you simply overlap the two shifters or did you butt them together and weld? Very nice job! Thanks.

Phil
I just cut off the hub area then grind it to fit the radius of the
stock shifter hub.beveled it for welding and polished the welds.
I'm pretty sure I used a extended sleeve which allowed me to miss the engine guard,altho I don't no the part No. Just no it never
its the engine guard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts