Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received and installed a heel shifter for my 03. I have banged up my left foot a few times and have always found toe upshifting to be awkward. This is one of the reasons that I purchased a Heritage instead of a Vrod(my favorite) last year. So now I found a company(Vmod) that has made up a heel shifter. Currently only in polished but a chrome version coming.

A couple of minor issues when I installed. They had neglected to include the plastic bushing(a call to them and they said they will send me one out) so I went to the local HD store and they did not have either as they said they do not inventory as they never wear out. Finally found one at Morgan Hill HD so drove their and picked it up. Did not think it look correct and sure enough when I pulled the stock shifter off, I found that its bushing was 2 inches long and the replacement(using a part number from HD themselves) that I got at Morgan Hill was less then one inch. I stuck it anyway and when I get the new one from Vmod I will replace it. Works ok. Also the new shifter did not have the extra rubber/metal/screwin thingamagig with it so you must buy it also. However I tried to remove the one from my stock shifter and found that I cannot get it out without destroying the rubber so I just installed new shifter with no thingamagig.

Bottomline is that I love the heel shift capability and this makes the bike far more comfortable and faster for me in shifting. Also I find that if you do install the heel thingamagig that your heel will always be resting on it, and subject to cause accidental shifting when you may not wish it. So I find that running without this thingamagig works well as I can just rotate my heel slightly and just strike the aluminum directly for upshifting. I will probably find something to insert in the threaded hole just to make it look a little better.

Highly recommended. About 250.00.

Roger
Silicon Valley Ca

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you God for the edit function. I had spelt heel as hill and now I are ok.

Roger

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
all this tech talk is making me dizzy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received proper bushing and shift peg from Vmod via express mail. Customer service was excellent. Love the heel shift, but do not use heel peg(thingamagig).

Does anyone know how I can correct thread title from Hill Shifter(brain fart) to Heel Shifter?

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts