Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these. What is the piece sticking out that I have drawn the line to? How will my current pegs fit on that? I am confused.

[/IMG]

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I would also like to find out the answer to this one. I have the peg set up to match and want to add the heel rests to go with them.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hamletexpress said:
I would also like to find out the answer to this one. I have the peg set up to match and want to add the heel rests to go with them.
I have stared at this picture for some time now and can not figure out what the deal is.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
That piece is for your heel to rest on. You need to take out the old one and put that whole piece in its place.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scrmng E said:
That piece is for your heel to rest on. You need to take out the old one and put that whole piece in its place.
So your heel does not rest on the black rubber part?

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Just guessing here, but that looks like the shaft that the brake lever and the shift lever would mount onto. the footpeg would attach to the opposite end of where you have drawn the arrow. Your heel would rest on the part with the ruuber inlays. the parts you have shown would replace the stock parts in the picture below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would have the heel rest curving in toward the bike. Not sure taht is correct.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Have I misunderstood those, or do they not fold up? In which case they'd kill me within a day?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Louis said:
Have I misunderstood those, or do they not fold up? In which case they'd kill me within a day?
I have no idea

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3OliveMartini said:
i have heel rests but they dont look like that .. so i guess i am of no help here LOL sorry
Do you have a picture of yours mounted 3Olive?

They are no longer on the Harley website but I may be able to find some. Don't know if they were discontinued or what.

I have an old picture of them and I have a question: Do they adjust to allow different heights?

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I do know this. They don't fold up and your heel does rest on the black rubber part. I've seen them mounted on another Vrod but I don't know if the owner had to make any mods to it.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
ndtiger said:
That would have the heel rest curving in toward the bike. Not sure taht is correct.
I would think you could switch the orientation of the shaft, at least thats the way I would make them. :D

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I use the Kuryakyn Switchblades. Is this an option for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have thought about that option but I use the 5" extended pegs from Harley and really like them. Looking for something that will work with them.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
tray said:
I use the Kuryakyn Switchblades. Is this an option for you?
I thought about the switchblades myself but heard that they were not only heavy but bulky as well.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
hamletexpress...

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I don't find them to be heavy or bulky. I like the fact that I can pull the heel rest out if cruising for long distance or just leaving them folded up for carving corners or shorter trips.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
That is actually why I was considering the switchblades. Its not like I need the heel rest everyday, just for those longer trips. Let me ask you this, do you have matching pegs for the rear?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Yea, check my gallery. I did a mod for my wife becasue she has really long legs:D. She is happy and I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts