Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in getting some feedback from people who installed front pegs with heel rests as to confort, make etc that fits the best, especially for clearance.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Michel said:
Interested in getting some feedback from people who installed front pegs with heel rests as to confort, make etc that fits the best, especially for clearance.
I purchased a set of KuryaKyn foot controls with stirups (heel rests). One of the best investments I have made on the bike. I purchased the retro model.

Best regards,
:thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which model did you get, I see they have this new switchblade model where the heel pegs are retractable.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Michel said:
Which model did you get, I see they have this new switchblade model where the heel pegs are retractable.
Check out HD "Airfoil" foot pegs and heel rests. Very snazzy, and fit well with the V-Rod styling.

Be advised, you will grind on turns.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I have the Kuraykin retractable Switchblades. They are ok, but seem a little flimsy. They do offer alternate foot locations on long rides. I'll report after the 1200 mile trek to Daytona.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a set of Kuraykin Switchblades but then returned them. Very flimsy, I also found it impossible to tigthten the heel rests so they don't turn.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a set of harley "billet style" that I took off my deuce before I sold it.... THEY ARE A MUST!!! They look great... match my Harley brand slotted brake/shifter pretty well, are sturdy... and really help support your feet with those overly extended controls on the v rod. you can scrape them in turns.. but well worth it

greg

·
Registered
439 Posts
Michel said:
I purchased the Retro pegs. Love them and they are solid! See picture:

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Val,

Did you also change the adapter for the pegs? According to everything I've seen only the Kuryakyn pegs will work with the stock stirrup adapter. If you have HD pegs then you need to replace the mount with Kuryakyn P/N 8059

Mainly because the center shaft on the Kuryakyn pegs is 1/2 the length of the Harley pegs. At least that's how my HD Custom pegs are, that's why I haven't gone this route.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Mark, nope, didn't have to replace the adapter. I did have to buy the entire peg-and-stirrup set, tho -- I couldn't just get the heel rests. But the adapter is stock.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I have the retro ones too. Front and rear. I saw some of the switchblades the other day, and they look nice. I just dont think they will clear the exhaust on the rear. I had the same problem with the ailerons. The rested right on the exhaust. The retros work well, but I would like something a little more streamlined. Absolutely worth it on long rides!!!
Greg

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the Harley airfoils. They grind on occasion but definitely worth the extra comfort!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Switchblades pegs

How do you find them now after 1200 miles ?
I bought some but have as yet installed, still winter up hear.
Daniii said:
I have the Kuraykin retractable Switchblades. They are ok, but seem a little flimsy. They do offer alternate foot locations on long rides. I'll report after the 1200 mile trek to Daytona.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Sorry, Michel - no report yet. Daytona is still almost three weeks away. (waiting, waiting, waiting....) Put the tank bag on this afternoon (driveway had 4" of snow), connected the 12v power, bought a rugged waterproof case for the Ipaq / GPS gear. Still need to set up and try out the headphones / CD player in the bag. Maybe tomorrow. Supposed to heat up to 50.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts