Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard from or talked the heavycycles lately? I have a broken light and would just like to get it repaired. I've left several voice messages and emails for weeks now with no response. I shelled out $325 and didn't mind the 3 months it took to get the light but now it's just a very expensive paper weight.

The plastic extensions at the top of the light that hold it under the fender have broken and the light assembly came loose while on the long right. Guess I went about 100 miles or so before I stopped and saw it. What really sucked is it scratched the fender all up.

Anyway last thing I want to do is get online and bash them because I LOVE my light but I just want to get it fixed. Any info would be great.

Thanks;

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Heavycycles is in the middle of a move from California to Connecticut. I'm sure as soon Joe gets setup in his new diggs, he'll give you an address to send it for a new housing.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
removed the dog ass didn't ya? He just landed in CT from CA last week. Sorry for your luck, but if you need a taillight to get you by let me know.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
removed the dog ass didn't ya? He just landed in CT from CA last week. Sorry for your luck, but if you need a taillight to get you by let me know.
Actually never got around to removing it but that was the plan. Thanks for the info and the offer. I have my stock light so I'm going to put it back on for now until I get my HC light repaired.

Thanks again guys. I'll give Joe a little more time before I bug him again.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Thanks again guys. I'll give Joe a little more time before I bug him again.
Don't do that. Bug him every freaking day until he picks up the phone or answers his email. I'll even give you his FACEBOOK if you want to really get under his wig.:angeldev:

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't do that. Bug him every freaking day until he picks up the phone or answers his email. I'll even give you his FACEBOOK if you want to really get under his wig.:angeldev:
LOL Good plan!!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
The OP must have either gotten in touch with Joe or isn't interested in fixing his light on his own.

Anyone else that wants a set of tail light reinforcing tabs, I'm pretty sure I have a couple sets left out in the garage.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
normally only a problem if you remove the dogass, but I've been guilty of working on the bike and not fully seating the taillight when I button things up. Been lucky so far, but I know it's gonna bite me in the ass someday soon.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The OP must have either gotten in touch with Joe or isn't interested in fixing his light on his own.

Anyone else that wants a set of tail light reinforcing tabs, I'm pretty sure I have a couple sets left out in the garage.
Nah just having life issues. I lost my mother-in-law last Saturday to cancer so haven't been thinking about the bike much.

Still haven't gotten in touch with Joe yet but haven't really tried very hard lately. I sent you a PM about the tabs. I want to get a new housing put on my HC light and then add the reinforcement tabs to it. I popped my stock light back in for now.

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
Nah just having life issues. I lost my mother-in-law last Saturday to cancer so haven't been thinking about the bike much.

Still haven't gotten in touch with Joe yet but haven't really tried very hard lately. I sent you a PM about the tabs. I want to get a new housing put on my HC light and then add the reinforcement tabs to it. I popped my stock light back in for now.
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I have a 3-week old baby, so I definitely understand life issues. Dropping your tabs in the mail now.

The tab breakage is inherent in the light itself, not just Joe's lights. My stock one had cracks in it when I pulled it to swap in the HC light, and I still have the dog's ass, fender support, etc. in place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts