Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the HC LED tailight with integrated turn signals ???

I'm thinking this will really "clean up" the rear of my V Rod, eliminate the factory turn signals. and allow me to reduce the size of the plate bracket (or relocate it to the shock mount).

Am wondering how visible the turn signals are ???

HC has told me that they are not as visible as the factory signals, but if they are bright enough, I'd like to go ahead with them.

I'd appreciate any input, thanks,

Emery

·
Registered
765 Posts
John, are you upgrading your ebay win to the Stage 2s??

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Is the HC tailight a bolt in pc?Is there any splicing involved?I am planning on do it this winter.Bunch of blind people here in Indiana.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have the Doctors Stage 2 light with the Rizoma relocators and Duece lights. Looks great as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
vrodvinny said:
Is the HC tailight a bolt in pc?Is there any splicing involved?I am planning on do it this winter.Bunch of blind people here in Indiana.
Very easy plug and play installation.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I love mine. I kept the blinkers because I have the Bags

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I've ridden behind Jason and they do the trick. Very bright, even in direct sunlight but I wouldn't run just the stage 2 turn signals. Even though they are bright, they are too close to the centerline. Cagers need all the help they can get. Using the stock (or deuce) signals in addition the the stage 2 is a perfect setup. Or, you could pop the extra cash and do Doc's full tilt LED retrofit ;)

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Mark, Thanks. Many people have said that they do get their attention. I am just waiting for Doc to make a retro-fit bolt on, LED turn signal with the Deuce's chrome Housing. I hate these plastic ones.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
vrsc said:
Mark, Thanks. Many people have said that they do get their attention. I am just waiting for Doc to make a retro-fit bolt on, LED turn signal with the Deuce's chrome Housing. I hate these plastic ones.
I have those ;)

even for the Chris Products turn signals that have the wires coming out through the bolt hole :D

btw, no splicing required on any of the V-Rod lights... all OEM connectors are provided.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Doc Sign me up!! You have the chrome Duece turn signals (LED), with no hard wiring. Just bolt on and attach the wires??? Last we spoke, you were working on them.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
as long as a Deuce turn signal will bolt up to the V-Rod, yes, I have them... as in I have LED Deuce and Chris Products rear turn signals in all red, all amber, or the combination red/amber (Ultimate Signal).

I know of at lease one guy here who did put a set of Deuce signals on his V-Rod.

·
Registered
765 Posts
See John, all the cool kids are goin' with the stage 2! I did even though I still use turn signal (the Doc's ultimate signals)! Do you really wanna be seen around town with just the Stage 1???? ;)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Once I get my bike back, I may order a set of the LED Duece Turn Signals from ya Doc. I had the Cris Products when I crashed. Harley put on the Duece for the rebuild.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
I just orderd the other day. Waiting now!
Cant wait to get it hooked up. Ive already cut the dog's a$$ off and relocated the plate to the side. The plate has an LED white light to illuminate the plate so with the other LED's in the back it should look SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Question for you guys. What's the difference between the stock, deuce and the chris products turn signals? Is it strictly size?

I have the stage 2 light and just received the rizoma relocator. I still have my stock chrome front turn signals (I got new ones from the Doc) and was thinking of using these. But if there is something better out there (deuce or chris products) in terms of size, etc then I would use these instead.

Thanks,
Craig

·
1,738 Posts
Doc: Can you mount the chrome Deuce Turn Signals to a Dogs Ass and take photos to show how the setup looks with your LED turn signals (and hopefully your Clear Tail Light lense)?

Fred

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
mdrsteve said:
See John, all the cool kids are goin' with the stage 2! I did even though I still use turn signal (the Doc's ultimate signals)! Do you really wanna be seen around town with just the Stage 1???? ;)

I'll just have to be the nerd on the block!;)

John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts