Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Night Rod Special that I just bought. One of the heat shields is messed up from I'm guessing someone getting something too close and it melting and then trying to use touch up paint on it, but it looks like crap. It's the one that starts at the rear cylinder and swings down and forward before turning to the rear again. How much are these, and can you buy them separately or do you have to buy the whole set?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have a 2014 Night Rod Special that I just bought. One of the heat shields is messed up from I'm guessing someone getting something too close and it melting and then trying to use touch up paint on it, but it looks like crap. It's the one that starts at the rear cylinder and swings down and forward before turning to the rear again. How much are these, and can you buy them separately or do you have to buy the whole set?
You can buy them seperately. The one you want is part No. 64801-10 Price is $132.62 from Newcastle HD

·
Registered
446 Posts
looks like it is $140.99. Or you could get it powder coated cheap, but may not match exactly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is powder coating? Maybe I can powder coat all the pieces... but may be cheaper to just buy new...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Powder coating is not expensive at all. But actually if your other shields are in really good shape, then I would just buy a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts