Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get the correct part number for the heat shield screws for my 11 DX. Is it 4608M or 4608MA ? Also, what would be a good site that has part break down diagrams? Thanks

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
bikebandit.com has great exploded view diagrams, but their part numbers do NOT cross reference any one elses. As for the heat shield screw(s), take one of the remaining screws and pick up a match at Fastanal, OSH, HomeDepot, Lowe's, or such. Not worth the two bucks/screw HD charges

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just get em at your local dealer. Theyre not worth the shipping costs to ship them from an online dealer.

The MA's are about 1/32 to 1/16 in longer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The local dealer does not have them in stock. There seems to be some confusion over which part number is correct for my bike.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
4608M was the original part number in 2009 - since then the same screw has a new part number - Harley adds the letter A to the end to tell its superceeded.... the reason its superceeded is because they have a new manufacturer or they made some slight change in the part from the original... it will retro fit back to the years it originaly fit...

so the part number you want is 4608MA. no worries.....glad to help out..

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
and the size of the screw is, 6 X 1 X 8.0 TORX button hd. (T25 TORX)

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Ace Hardware should have them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts