Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot (dumbass) to take a picture of my exhaust system (2006 Model) before I took it apart...had it ceramic coated...does anyone have a picture or diagram of exactly where the metal spacer (it was put on before I bought the bike) goes on the pipes (on the uppermost primary pipe I believe) - I believe this must be the recall item since it's not shown in the service manual...I know it is covered by the heat shields, but I'll be damned if I can get it oriented correctly.

If anyone has a camera shot or diagram of exactly where the part goes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ScaredyCat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Written

If anyone can even describe the location of that recall plate for the 2006 Vrod, could you post it here?

SC

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
maybe post a photo of what you are talking about and I'll look for it on my bike and send back a photo.

I was told I had the recall completed on my bike, but i haven't a clue what it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures

Keep in mind, it didn't come black, it was just a plain metal piece.

It goes behind the chrome heat shields ... somewhere!

If you felt around the edges of your heat shields you might feel it ... I think maybe it is at the top of the exhaust at the rear cylinder, but that doesn't seem like it would make a lot of sense as that isn't where my pants have caught on fire in the past!

Thanks for any help you might provide!

SC

Attachments

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Here you go...

They are under the second corner facing down for the exposed down side of the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts