Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not having much luck finding quality heat shields that aren't dog-ass ugly and will fit my Fitzgerald exhaust. Any ideas or known links would be most appreciated....
Is the fitz exhaust super hot? It's supposed to be ceramic coated already, which should reduce the heat.

I am wanting to get a cut throat exhaust for mine. So I am interested in why you think it's needed.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the fitz exhaust super hot? It's supposed to be ceramic coated already, which should reduce the heat.

I am wanting to get a cut throat exhaust for mine. So I am interested in why you think it's needed.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
I have mid controls so the inside of my calf gets pretty red unless at a decent speed. Just not bearable.

Btw the cut throat is very loud and not recommended to add another baffle as it'll be hotter yet.

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks for the input/ideas fellas. Decisions decisions...
I concur with the rest. I have the Fitzgerald Cut Throat as well and put the DEI heat shield (the one with the plate surround that another member just posted) as well.

Fixes the right leg fire/boot melting issue and looks pretty good (has a carbon fiber appearance almost).

I don't know who thinks any of the pipes are "OK" heat wise. I was burning my leg on the stock Muscle setup/shields as well. With the DEI shield on the Cut Throats I can actually leave my right foot on the brake at lights (albeit it's still hot, just nothing catches fire....). Before the shield? I actually melted a small bit of leather on my inner right heel (which truly pissed me off wearing $400+ White's boots).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.