Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made or does anyone make some type of heat deflectors to blow the heat from the radiator away from the rider when the fans come on? if not whats your thoughts about the idea.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
My thoughts are.......It's a motorcycle and it gets hot.If you want cool then ride in a cage and hit the AC button.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
My 2005A came with factory airconditioning. To get it to work properly, I have to pull in the clutch, shift into first gear, increase throttle while slowly releasing clutch then shift as normal. The AC works better in temps below 85 deg.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yesterday it was kind of hot here in Jersey. Only when stopped do you feel anything from the radiator. Otherwise when moving it seems fine. THe fan may direct the air in that direction to disipate the heat from other places. I don't know if it would be a good idea to deflect it in another direction.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
You'll love that heat when riding in cold weather.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
you think thats hot try being stuck in traffic with a air cooled

·
Registered
911 Posts
I thought that was the best part of riding the Vrod. Stopped at a traffic light during the hottest time of the day, in the summer and have the radiator fans kick on. Feeling the warmth of the engine washing over you. Man, it doesn't get any better than that...

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
My 2005A came with factory airconditioning. To get it to work properly, I have to pull in the clutch, shift into first gear, increase throttle while slowly releasing clutch then shift as normal. The AC works better in temps below 85 deg.

I got that with my 05 also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts