Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought these(it's a video from YouTube because I just realized I don't have a photo of my plugs) from Big Ear and it has been exactly a month now since I started wearing them. They are custom made filtered earplugs that I wear under my helmet and they have interchangeable filters so it doesn't really block out all the sounds, just the noise I suppose. I bought earplugs because I was diagnosed with hyperacusis(sensitivity to noise) but I can't give up on the things I love like playing music and riding my bike.

The reason I posted this is because sometimes I feel weird about wearing them and I also want to know if other riders wear earplugs too.

Ride safe everyone.

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
The only things in my ears are my hearing aids ! :angeldev:
19 years in a steel forge shop. I've been wearing them since 1980.

Take care of your hearing. :deal:

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Always.

***ALWAYS*** wear hearing protection.

Wind noise alone will kill your ability to hear high-frequencies.

I'm a little older and wiser than when I first started flying, riding bikes and going to concerts. I thought that I (or at least my hearing) was bulletproof. Besides, none of the "cool kids" wore earplugs.

Big mistake.

HUGE.

There are some very good motorsports specific ear plugs out there-- either custom made or off the shelf that will attenuate specific frequencies. They'll cut down the wind noise, etc. but still allow you to hear the environment around you.

Nowadays, I ride with earplugs and a Cardo-- I can hear music fine (only when I'm slabbing) with the plugs, and can hear external sounds when I'm riding around town or in a "high-threat" environment.

Lear from the mistakes I've made.

WEAR EARPLUGS!!!!!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I wear ear plugs also, even with full face helmet. Wind noise will eventually kill your hearing. It sneak up slowly over time. High frequency hearing craps out first.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts