Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Heads up! Yep, they got me. Lesson learned.

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  streetrodracer 
#1 ·
I’ve attached the email and names of the people who initiated this fraud.
I posted in wanted classifieds for screaming eagle headlight bracket and got two replies from “registered” members confirming they knew where I could get the part and shared emails to get the deal done. I did converse with one and paid through PayPal. I was told tracking was on its way Saturday and every day since. Jokes on me, a $200.00 lesson learned. PayPal and my bank have washed their hands as I sent payment as personal not as business or service. So, be aware of your protections on your payment platforms and I hate to say it, who you do business with. They had better have some helluva
affiliations with some bad mofo’s to be comfortable enough to prey on this community.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I’ve attached the email and names of the people who initiated this fraud.
I posted in wanted classifieds for screaming eagle headlight bracket and got two replies from “registered” members confirming they knew where I could get the part and shared emails to get the deal done. I did converse with one and paid through PayPal. I was told tracking was on its way Saturday and every day since. Jokes on me, a $200.00 lesson learned. PayPal and my bank have washed their hands as I sent payment as personal not as business or service. So, be aware of your protections on your payment platforms and I hate to say it, who you do business with. They had better have some helluva
affiliations with some bad mofo’s to be comfortable enough to prey on this community.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Pretty sure that is not common ocurrance on this site. Have you reported this to the admins so they can remove the offending members?

#3 ·
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Pretty sure that is not common ocurrance on this site. Have you reported this to the admins so they can remove the
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Pretty sure that is not common ocurrance on this site. Have you reported this to the admins so they can remove the offending members?
it happens, I’m just making the experience public so you all can avoid the problem with these same folks. As far as reporting it to someone in particular, I haven’t done that but I screen shot the profiles and posted them with my original post.

#8 ·

I appreciate the help, this is the one I’m trying to get, I have the round one already. Although I mentioned chrome we all know “black rides matter” too! So I’ll take either one since I’m going to strip it and paint it the color of the frame anyway.

#9 ·
These morons tried to trick me too. Fortunately I realized and didn’t proceed. Avoid paying friends and family. It’s not worth it, just pay correctly the fee is 2.3% here in the U.K. that’s £23 on your £1000. Definitely worth the protection offered. Here are screenshots of the idiots that tried scamming me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
These clowns prey on the Harley community because it is close knit and we trust our brothers and sisters out there. We are all a group with similar interests. I wouldn’t let it bother me, these people do this for a living. It’s a shame that the crooked few ruin the trust all of us could have together. It’s not anything to do with how smart you are it has to do with trust and how these losers take advantage. Ride safe bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Correction, “williamstammy320” email.
And since you can’t keep a good dummy down for long, I jumped back in the next day with member “sigma9” for more dough and got exactly what I expect here...what I wanted, price I could accept, got it faster than expected and what he said it was.
I apologize if he didn’t want me name dropping him but if I’m gonna take the time to bitch about someone, then I need to share my the good experiences here also. Thanks all.

#18 ·
Tried to get me too! Umm.. why would I send you the money before I you even know what it is I want. "I guarantee you it's the right part." Yeah BS!!!

Attachments

#19 ·
THAT SUCKS ! Hopefully the Karma train is the light at the end of the tunnel and it runs right the F'k over them - their 0 posts and too good to be true are signs for buyer beware - Time to get the Voodoo Doll out put their name on it and push the long pins in it ! Call the Cops that's interstate wire fraud a very serious offense - and tell them you did it that'll scare them scum bags off

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.