Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a headlight visor part#69200-01. I wanted to go with the protruding visor that comes with the small sport windshield. Dealer looked up the part number and ordered it. From looking at it, it looks like the one that is already on the bike? Is it the same one turned backwards?. I would of thought it would be bigger than the stock one? Also is the install straight forward by removing just the 2 bolts? Any suggestions or advise would be great. :helpme:

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
When installed as a visor( ie: reversed), I suspect it causes the headlight to aim a little high.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daniii said:
When installed as a visor( ie: reversed), I suspect it causes the headlight to aim a little high.
Hmm..Ok Im going to take apart the assembly and see if the stock visor matches the part I have or if its different....

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what is the correct allen wrench size for the headlight bolts?

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:confused: 43 views and Danii is the only one that posted. Some of you surely know something..... :wazzup:

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I have a box full of allen wrenches dating back 30 years. One of them happened to fit. I have no idea what size it was.... Sorry.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
TBAG809, went out to the garage, 4mm fits the best, but if you don't have a metric set, 5/32" is a close fit.

Hope that this helps....

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I used my 4mm. Took off the assembly and it looks like the visor I bought is the same as the stock one.??? What a waste....I used the new one and turned it backwards. Doesnt seem right.....look at the pic

Attachments

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
I reccommend getting the VROD toolset from Harley.
All the tools you'll need for the VROD wrapped in a nice canvas rollup.
:2cents:

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LENELSA said:
I reccommend getting the VROD toolset from Harley.
All the tools you'll need for the VROD wrapped in a nice canvas rollup.
:2cents:
I already have it.....There have been a few times when the tool kit did not have a tool that was needed so I added a few.

Anyway I wound up putting the old visor on backwards. I`ll try to return the one I bought today since it is the same part.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Any problems with headlight adjustment?? (ie: too high??)

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Daniii said:
Any problems with headlight adjustment?? (ie: too high??)
Nope, I just pushed the headlight down to the position I had marked and locktighted the bolts. Seems fine but a good night mission will tell for sure.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FastVRSCA said:
oh , so you got it looking right?
cool.
I guess the way it fits is different but doesnt look bad. It took about an hour to grow on me. I do like the visor backwards. I had it the same way you did.

Thanks FastVRSCA

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Mine came from the dealer, reversed. I like the way it looks. (Or I'd have turned it back)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts