1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I like the "coolness" factor, but looks like they would limit the amount of light output.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very tempting

·
Registered
117 Posts
i had plans on ordering the alien 2 for a couple months now...just waiting for a lil extra cash

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the "coolness" factor, but looks like they would limit the amount of light output.
I'm with you on this. I think it looks super cool but I'm afraid it's not bright enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my Alien II Fairing delivered two months ago, as I was not so satisfied with the "cheap" Headlight casing, i switched to dual Elipsoid Headlights .. now the Eyes pop right out :D (http://www.glow-special.de/shop/start.php?d_10118_38mm_Ellipsoidscheinwerfer__Paar_839.php). the mounting Bracket I ordered over the Internet www.cutworks.de e.g. here in Germany .. custom made as to my designs, cheap, quick, clean and stable ...

I also put some more LEDs for Background illumination, and must say I am total satisfied with this setup.

Even when i dislike the Design (yeah, not for me) of the original VRSCF Headlight, I liked the amaount of brightnes, but now with dual 38mm Elipsoid running on HID .. i dont miss anything .. nice, bright, and when I want to hang up a Picture now, I can use the Headlight Beam for that, as it throws out a nice sharp line now.

ah, and by the way .. if you fcuk up your wires running through the mirror stems, it will cost you around 1600€ for the shop to repair it and mate your new TSSM .... 1600 .. only for the turn signals .. niiiiice :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pictures

for now I have only the Bike itself, when i take the fairing off again, i make some of the mounts to: http://gallery.me.com/downlord#100394&view=mosaic&bgcolor=black&sel=0

ah and on this Pictures there are the 50mm DEs with integrated electrical "High/Low Beam" blind integrated (http://www.shin-yo.de/25091/artikeldetails/details_223-391.html), so you can run dual on full power and for high beam, the small blind inside the headlights is pulled down by an electro magnet .. instantly ..

and the HID Balast Relays are shut of with the oil pressure sensor, as long as the motor dont run, no light, so no flicker, on/off/on when you start

·
Registered
117 Posts
ok so i think im gonna pull the trigger and buy one....downloard it didnt come wiht mounting brackets or you were not happy with the one that it came with...how much do you have total invested for this...thanks for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
the Kid i ordered from showyo was the Alien II xenon Kit, you'll get the fairing, already with the blue side LED ligts wired. two Brackets, one sits on the lower tree is made from aluminum and holds the fairing, and a second one made of steel that sits inside the Aluminum frame and gets connected to the original headligt screws in the side. They ship the set wit a typical "custom chopper" headlight unit, which is basically a foglight and Highbeam, so you can count roadkill on the side or blind the Guy driving upfront :D

It basically this one they ship the kit: http://www.motopoint-online.de/wbc.php?sid=249091b4b81&tpl=produktdetail2.html&pid=7407&rid=488&recno=102

But as i would love to run dual, and have low and Highbeam, without running 240km/h and flipping the switch - lowbeam turns off, highbeam brights um .. roundabout 3 Seconds Darkness .. I was looking for some Headlight unit tha fit the following requirements:

1.) has to be EG Norm legal, means not only low and Highbeam, but also l/H Beam for Xenon .. big differens, of the Projector shape
2.) both headlight has - when mounted near each other not more than 140cm wide (max Size you cound jam under the fairing.

So I found two possible options, one the 38mm ShinYo you can get as high OR low beam, and is only 120cm wide (fits easy)
or go the long way and cut two 50mm DEs on each side one time so they sit flush to each other, giving you the Highbeam blind .. i did this, I just fastened the outer scres on each projector and dremeld the other side complete away, so i lost the Usage of the clamps that tighten the lens and projector. I wind a lot of carbon fiber there, and pulled tight bevor coating with epox, not nice, but works .. and is smller than 140cm.... pics follow next.

But i could think of moving the 50mm DE highbeam blinds into the 38m,m DEs .. never tried that now, but will soon.

The wiring Harnes is ok, but as i lways do i covered every cable with mesh wi9re protection sleeves, pics follos.the energy input for the low beam is wired directly to permanent 12V and the Relay coil, that triggers the hid relais ist lined up inserial with an open relais, i connected to the oil pressure switch (unter left side cowbell cover (green/yellow).

furtzer plan i have is order two ne projectors (50mmm) and not cut them, but make them somehow fit .. dunno yet. Ideas to me please.
someone want wiring instructions, just pmme.

And review my gallery from time to time

Price i paid so far, 700-800 CAD for the kit
200€ for the pair 509mm DE
100€ for the 38mm DE pair
50€ for superseal connect, cable and mil grade textile wire cover

1600 for the shop to find and fix my wiring shortage by relocating the mirror stems :D *cogh*

so with cover sleeves, cable, and bits and pieces, i think about 800-1000 euro .. but its ok, and now just today i found out the original kit was designed for the "el cheapo" headlight using H3 bulbs, after dremeling the guys down for over one cm the focal center now fits excactly but will get replaced by 55w HID tomorrow .

when i have the new pair here, i will oorder a stable mounting frame for the dual HL, but I must design them so the'll fit betweem the 140 cm of the original HL mount

Check my galery for updates ... http://gallery.me.com/downlord#100394&view=mosaic&bgcolor=black&sel=0

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Has anyone been able to get the HD headlight visor (see pic) mounted on an F with some mods? Will i need to be the first to try?

Others have said it's a go!

I pick mine up tomorrow along with the chrome headlight bucket and the actual headlight under warranty for the deflector falling off as so many have...

Should be fine, search "visor" and you'll find other threads.

·
Registered
257 Posts
headlight visor

It Fits

1 - 18 of 18 Posts