Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlight fairing on my 06 bounces & because it has a day maker light it is really annoying to me & other drivers in front of me, the mount is tight & the bolts holding the bucket onto the fairing are tight. I can rest my finger against the fairing & it stops I'm wondering if I have to make an additional support against the fairing. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
You have to tighten the rivets that hold the mount to the cowl. Common fix is to drill them out and use a bolt and nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I left the rivets and added a couple small bolts on mine. But either way it's more then likely the loose rivets. Easy fix...

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,198 Posts
I had HD take care of my DX but that was years ago. Yes its the rivets. You can also epoxy it along with a better bolting system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why HD ever designed a headlight to be fixed with rivets is beyond me but every headlight that's mounted on the forks from the bottom has this "feature". I did the same thing as above, drill out the rivets, replace with 1/4x20 bolt and lock nut.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not as good as drilling out rivets and replacing w/ nuts/bolts, but I just took the headlight out of the bucket and put a bead of epoxy around the inside, where the bracket attaches to the bucket on both sides (open it up, you'll see).

Easy 10-minute fix, headlight doesn't move around, and has lasted a couple hundred miles so far. I'll update if it ever fails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts