Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I let someone ride my bike--while I rode another bike--and examined my light.

The headlight was so lame I could harldly believe it. Both the high beam and the low beam were very meek and you could see a bike coming down the road.

On my last bike i had HID, but I have been told those make the plastic melt on the VRod.

Is there any other lighting scheme for the front to make the bike more visible? What other headlight model might fit that it would be ok to use HID.? Anyone has engine guard lights mounted?

thanks for any helpful comments

·
Registered
68 Posts
HID on the low side

On my last bike i had HID, but I have been told those make the plastic melt on the VRod.
I have a 2012 NRS and the first item I changed was the low side bulb. Purchased a no name 35W HID H-4 and life if good. I can see and do not piss off to many other road users; as if I care?

I think that once the 35W unit dies I will test a 50W HID - more light, less draw than a stock H-4 and MORE LIGHT!

:D

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have a dx with standard headlight and cowl and have fitted HID , not had an issue so doubt your source is right about melting ???

fitted the ballast in the airbox you have to expand the bowl outlet hole but easy enough to do mine been on for over a year.

35w 6000k !

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Everyone with the standard headlight cowl and HID, do you have a shadow in the middle? Did you leave the diffuser(black metal thing) in or take it out??

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
962 Posts
i left my diffuser in cant say i have notice a shadow ?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts