Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a touring windshield with the turn signal relocation kit and headlamp visor. Well, I got the relocation kit installed (after fiddling with wires forever). However, the headlamp visor won't fit over the headlamp; it's way to narrow. I could bend it I suppose...did anyone else have this situation?

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Mine was extremely tight. I spread it out so it would just go over the headlight mounting holes, then tilted it back and stuck on the two-sided tape. If it's the chromed one, do this process very, very slowly.

HoldHard

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I pulled it out of the box, I thought I definitely had the wrong one; it was a joke. I've been working at it for probably 3 hours...my fingertips are numb at this point. I still can't get it to go on the correct way...however, it will go on in reverse (I don't know why...) There are gaps in certain areas (albeit small). Are these an issue? If they are, i'm going to suck it up and buy a separate visor (the "better" one). If not, i'll stick it on as is. I don't plan on much night riding in the near future...

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
It isn't supposed to protrude beyond the front of the lens, only to shield light from creating a glare. I mounted mine 'backwards" so it looked like a 'visor', but it really was backwards.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I tried again this morning to fit the visor the correct way...and it didn't work. So, I put it on "backwards" and continued with on with everything else. I'm now done...and everything seems to work. However, the mirrors are still loose on the handlebars. I've tightened down those acorn nuts quite a bit and the mirrors will still rotate with little push. It almost seems like the bolt is hitting the end of the acorn. Any help?

·
Registered
90 Posts
boilernole said:
Well, I tried again this morning to fit the visor the correct way...and it didn't work. So, I put it on "backwards" and continued with on with everything else. I'm now done...and everything seems to work. However, the mirrors are still loose on the handlebars. I've tightened down those acorn nuts quite a bit and the mirrors will still rotate with little push. It almost seems like the bolt is hitting the end of the acorn. Any help?
do you still have the stock mirrors? if so be sure the little "flared-type" looking thing is still on the top of the threads on the stem, when i pulled mine off in 04, this little thing fell off, and i ran into the samething, till i found this thing lying on my garage floor, and thought what the %#$ is this? and low and behold i figured it out. also, make sure you still have the lock washer with the acorn nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts