Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed when I was giving the caw a polish for the commercial another warranty job. it is cracking in numerous places around the housing, any one else had this?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I havn't noticed any cracking but the cover over the highbeam has come loose & was bobbing around inside the glass..i finally reseated it & superglue'd it in.

The glass also has a milky look to it....i checked the price for a new lense with Frasers here in Perth around $300....so i will put up with it for a while...

Regards dig

·
South Of The Border
60 Posts
dig10 said:
I havn't noticed any cracking but the cover over the highbeam has come loose & was bobbing around inside the glass..i finally reseated it & superglue'd it in.

The glass also has a milky look to it....i checked the price for a new lense with Frasers here in Perth around $300....so i will put up with it for a while...

Regards dig
Dig,
I had the same problem happen when bike was on the dyno, (it took ages to work out where the bloody rattle was coming from) I to tried the super glue trick with the same effect - Milky Lens. :banghead:
I picked up a cheap one to replace it on eBay but being a US version it has no mount for the parking light... Other than that it works fine.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yeh thnx Oz-Rodder I must admit I didn't know there was a difference in the US version...i'm hanging out for someone to change the standard job for an aftermarket light and maybe do a deal..

Regards Dig

·
Registered
603 Posts
Has anyone tried to remove the glass, it looks like it is held in place with clear glue or something..it may be a cheaper alternative than buying a new unit. Maybe I will ask the wider forum community.

Regards digger

·
South Of The Border
60 Posts
dig10 said:
Has anyone tried to remove the glass, it looks like it is held in place with clear glue or something..it may be a cheaper alternative than buying a new unit. Maybe I will ask the wider forum community.

Regards digger
Dig,
I will see if I can pull my old light apart. If I can do this without breaking the glass/surround I will send it up to you.
Oz-Rodder

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks mate that would be greatly appreciated...post on me of course...

digger

·
South Of The Border
60 Posts
No problems mate, I managed to find the old headlight to-day and I will be having a go at it this weekend.
I'll let you know how I get on...
Oz-Rodder

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks mate..

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
head light was repalced today. Took nearly 12 months.

Got to love it when they order the wrong one then forgot to prder the replacement.

And they wonder why I have another shop do the servicing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts