Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Harley Davidson Ultimate Touring windshield for sale. This is a quick release clamp version that goes on and off in less than 10 seconds. The windshield was only used for 2 weeks and is in perfect condition. I would prefer to have a local sale only, since I think shipping could be somewhat expensive.
Part #: 57177-05

Fits '02-later VRSCA, '04-'05 VRSCB and '07 VRSCX models. '05 VRSCB models require separate purchase of Headlamp Visor P/N 67750-88T and Visor Screw P/N 3383. Windshield dimensions: Overall height 30.0"; height above headlamp 24.6"; width 23.6".

Clear

MSRP US $429.95

This will fit the SE models if you modify the headlight bracket.

Asking $280 plus shipping if we can't make arrangements for a pickup.

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deedward said:
How does the headlamp bracket need to be modified on an 05 SE?

Thanks!

Dan
Dan,
I think the SE and SE2 have the same headlight bracket issues so the information on my previous post should be applicable.

What I did...!
Well, after days of trying to come up with a cheap, fast solution to getting an Ultimate Touring windshield on my SE2, I have finally come up with a fix. From what I could determine, there are basically 4 options:
1) Cut my existing bracket mounting headlamp (68897-06BKR) Replacement cost $217.14.
2) Buy an A or B style headlight mounting bracket (68895-04 or 68884-01 depending on which HD dealer I spoke with) Cost: $61.99
3) Buy a contoured chrome headlamp bracket (69772-04) Cost: $107.95.
4) Buy a different headlight set up like the billet headlamp shell (67704-03) at a cost of $329.95 PLUS the installation bracket (68211-05) at a cost of $124.95 PLUS the cost of the headlight which the HD dealer said ran around $89. Total cost of around $545!!!! I am still not clear on whether there would be wiring issues with this change, or if you could just plug in the 2 connectors into the new headlight.

Being that despite the fact that I really love the look of the billet headlight set up, I just couldn't pull the trigger on $500 for a headlight.

I tried as many HD dealerships as I could find in my area, but none of them had the A or B style bracket in stock. I needed the fix this week since I am leaving on a 6 day trip this weekend.

So my decision came down to whether I should cut my painted bracket which would cost $217 to replace, or lay out $107 for the chrome one and cut that. I chose to get the chrome one and cut that one, keeping my yellow one for use when I am not on a trip.

I found that cutting the brackets was a bit of a PITA. I used a dremel tool and had several occasions where the wheel would kick and cause the tool to jump, usually making an abrasion in the chrome where I didn't want it. I pondered getting a bandsaw to make the cuts but eventually was able to get the dremel to behave. Due to the kicking issues, I had to cut some diagonal cuts but overall, I think it turned out okay. And the end result is that I can use the quick disconnect windshield without having to mess with the headlight bracket!

·
Registered
661 Posts
pm sent.

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still for sale!

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts