Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't seen this jacket, just thought I'd post a bit about it. I got one for me and the women's version for the girlfriend. Probably the most versitile jacket I've ever owned. The outer panel zips off easily in one piece, revealing a nice mesh underneath in a medium gray for the mens and a lighter silver color for the ladies. On cool moutain mornings, just zip the panels on for extra warmth, then as the day gets warmer, remove them for plenty of air flow. Armor is flexible and hardly noticed. A nice lining on the cuffs and around the neck keep chaffing under control. Waterproof liner can serve two purposes...extra warmth, or rain protection.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/...4309178689&bmUID=1188508992553&bmLocale=en_US

The one I got was actually called a Transformation Jacket, but is no longer available...this is the same thing with a different name.

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Dustin
696 Posts
I own a previous version of the Switchback and I absolutley love it!! :notworth: It is so versatile, it's like having three jackets in one. I've had mine now for two riding seasons, it's kept me warm in the cold, dry in the rain, and cool in the heat. What else could you ask for? Definitley one of the better Harley jackets.

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
I had the previous model as well. I thought it was a great jacket. Unfortunately it was blown off the back of the bike (bunjee corded) and into the path of a semi, and then another semi, and then a car, and then another semi while enroute to see Gil for a dyno run. Zippers were totalled and it had a huge rip in the collar.

The jacket was perfect for So Cal; you could utilize all three layers from the desert, through the mountains, and in the valley.

I'm glad to see the new model, I wasn't a big fan of the one they came out with this past year.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
My wife and I were just looking at those at the shop the other day. We wil be going to get them as soon as the funds allow.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
I'd like it much better if it were all grey with just the small HD patch. The logic of making a jacket to wear in warm weather out of black material escapes me.
Ed

·
Registered
138 Posts
I to have the jacket and just love the design. I had a little problem with the front zipper melting when I hung it off the mirror one day - but it was an easy fix for the sewing lady!

Works better than I would have ever thought it the hot weather!

Kevin

·
Mike
359 Posts
They've got (or soon will have) a new version of this I believe is called the Transformer. I saw it at the Harley setup in Rapid City during the rally. This winter they are supposed to come out with tall sizes so I may be donating to HD for that.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego that is the same thing but also has a zip in full sleeve liner. They also offer Alter Ego pants that zip to the jacket.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
I bought the HD broady jacket... it doesnt transform but it looks pretty badass!

I looked at that style of jacket when I was shopping for mine, but ultimately settled elsewhere obviously

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Jetgod said:
I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego that is the same thing but also has a zip in full sleeve liner. They also offer Alter Ego pants that zip to the jacket.
I have the Joe Rocket Super Ego which is the black leather version of yours. It's also pretty much identical to the HD Alternator which I saw a few weeks ago... The Alternator is actually cheaper quality than the Super Ego but prettier if you like the HD logos. The Alternator is also more expensive of course. I love my jacket for the same versatility reasons stated above. All I gotta do is sew an HD patch over the little rocket on the back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts