Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it, but I think I am going to get saddlebags-there are many times I wanted to commute on the bike, but needed space to put papers, loaf of bread, rain suit...you get the picture anyway-has anyone seen or have the vinyl covered rigid bags and what do you think-will the vinyl hold up, etc...and those with the painted bags, do you like them and do they scuff bad if your boot swipes the top when you put your leg over(by accident of course)
Thanks
Terry

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I have the leather bags and they are great. And scuff resistant.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I have the Painted Hard Bags and I love them. I do get me many positive comments on the look with them on. These bags flow really well with the v-rods' lines. They will hold what you need.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
The hard bags are fantastic. IMHO I think they suit the bike best, are lockable and watertight. They wear very well. Mine look like new and are 6 months old (not ancient sure, but they are good quality)

Get the liners as well, I use one as my new briefcase and the other holds misc other stuff I now have a security blanket issue with!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bags for the VROD

I researched the hell out of bags for my '02 before selecting a set just because I'm anal that way and decided on the leather HD bags. They're not as dorky looking as the hard beetle bags and I got a great deal on them from my dealer by searching online for the lowest price and presenting it to the parts manager to beat! I got mine installed in a couple of hours.....total investment was under $500.00. Plus you don't hafta paint them to match your bike!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have the Hard Bags with Chrome tops and yes the tops do scuff but unless you really kick them hard or have grit embeded in your sole they buff clean without an issue.

I didn't like the idea of having them either but, as you said this limits what you can do on the bike. For What It's Worth, they come off real easy if you don't need them so the look is back to normal in just 30 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts