Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I been asked a few times about my set up Here's some pics with all the part numbers if you want to copy this. I believe you can use any bars with the riser BUT this set up you do NOT need to change any wiring or cables.. The most annoying part ( I thought it was easy) is you have to remove all the pins for the clam shell controls to fish them out of the stock bars so I also am posting a video of how to do that :D

Part numbers
Riser & clamp kit -- 55900008
VRSC Pull back handlebars -- 57466-10
Harness Retainers (x4) -- 70345-84

And last but not least, video of how to remove PINS.. I used a Paperclip and didn't have any problems

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a great mod...I can't believe the difference between these and the stock bar. First off, they're way cooler looking, much more traditional....they're not only back a few inches, they're an inch and a half higher, and the big thing, to me at least, they're 3 inches narrower, 1 1/2" per side....this makes an unbelievable difference in comfort...the seat back is actually supporting my back now, and the bars are exactly where they should be on this bike with forward foot pegs.

Here's a little trick when removing the pins from the sockets: the plastic piece that the pins stick through has to be pulled out for the pins to come out...while you're working the pins out with your paper clip, the plastic piece might get pushed back, locking the pins. Squeeze the socket GENTLY with a small pair of vice grips; this will "lock" the plastic piece in the out position, and the pins just pop out. NOTE: make an accurate drawing of the pin positions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.