Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try this? The description from the catalog says that it uses a hand crank instead of a hydraulic bottle jack. Work better or worse? I know it's over $300, but I'm willing to pay a bit more if it is worth it. I live in Alaska, so some of the other options aren't really viable (too much to ship; the dealer here charges catalog price on anything over $100, so the HD jack seems to be a pretty good deal). I can get the Sears lift for about $100, but I wanted to know if the HD lift is better quality.
Thanks for your input!

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Craftsman motorcycle jack from sears. All the quality you will ever need for $100.00 bucks.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
The HD jack is really nice, i was eye balling one at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, but it costs a pretty penny, if i had money to blow i'd go for it.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
AKvrod said:
I can get the Sears lift for about $100, but I wanted to know if the HD lift is better quality.
Thanks for your input!
I'm very happy with the Sear's lift. It's a good choice, and at $100 easier on the wallet.

·
4,638 Posts
AKvrod said:
Anyone ever try this? The description from the catalog says that it uses a hand crank instead of a hydraulic bottle jack. Work better or worse? I know it's over $300, but I'm willing to pay a bit more if it is worth it. I live in Alaska, so some of the other options aren't really viable (too much to ship; the dealer here charges catalog price on anything over $100, so the HD jack seems to be a pretty good deal). I can get the Sears lift for about $100, but I wanted to know if the HD lift is better quality.
Thanks for your input!
If a hand crank fails on you it fails quickly where as if a hydraulic leaks on you it will not slam your bike to the ground as a hand crank will....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the sears jack and use it daily. Works great no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts