Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brought my A model to dealer (Rockys HD, London, ONtario) and the guy cut an inch off the hose that connects the coolent bottle and says my problem is fixed for the spewing coolent. get back on road and in 20 mins it starts again.the Mech insured me problem was solved

UP HERE IN CANADA~ THESE HD dealers HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DEAL WITH SERVICING A V-ROD

I FEEL LIKE CALLING THE moco in Wisconsin and giving them a blast~

I AM LIVid~

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a fellow Canadian, I agree. My experiences with most HD dealers in Ontario has led me to believe that if you want your V-Rod to run well, "keep it away from HD dealers". One exception is Barrie HD in Ontario, I haven't needed their services for a while but when I did, Dave had the answers ( he owned an 03 for a couple of years).

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I bought my NightRod at Barrie HD (and I am from Montreal). The finance manager Kelly also rides a V.
They just seem like a a great bunch of people.

If you ever need to buy a bike, check them out and ask for Cory. A great guy to buy a bike from!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am prepared to drive down to Michighan~

HD dealers in Sarnia, Owen Sound, & London, on r absolutely useless~

its take more than looking at a service manual in the dealership library to work on these bikes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even a friend of mines son at a community college in Alberta doing small engine repair took apart and stripped down a HD V-rod as a class project~

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
On my buddies rod the dealer did a 1000mi service and they didnt strap the battery down so the strap interfeared with the throttle and hung up every once in a while, and they broke off the oil to air seperator in the air box and told him "thats supposed to be like that".

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
When I first got my 03 the sevice dept had an attitude at the V-Rod.They started selling alot of them and the service dept did a complete turn around and started treating the bikes as a money maker.I'm sure they still make mistakes,as they probably do on the other models,but all in all they do good service and repair work.I havn't had an issue since I got the free scratch in my air box cover.

Elrod on the V-Rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts