Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ride Anything
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if HD or anyone else sells individual chrome letters or would I have to buy a whole kit? My chrome letter "N" fell off one side of my 2005 VRSCA.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
i think you must buy the kit.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Forum magic at it's finest...:plause:

·
Dave
248 Posts
jbflying said:
Does anyone know if HD or anyone else sells individual chrome letters or would I have to buy a whole kit? My chrome letter "N" fell off one side of my 2005 VRSCA.
Infortunately, you have the buy the whole one side of lettering for your cover. The chrome part of my "I" fell off leaving me with a black "I". If you haven't gotten your N, let me know or PM me and I'll send it to you free of charge. Darn set cost $70 dollars. Lots of $$ for a black eye!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I want to take my set off! I hate how terry cloths snag on the damn lettering. Does anyone know if it's possible to take off the lettering without leaving residue or marks in the paint???

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Heat it up with a hairdryer, run dental floss behind the letters and gently remove them, clean the area with appropriate products.

·
V-HOG
1,031 Posts
get in touch with me maybe I can make you something better than those plastic letters. Check out my gallery

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
An 05A like mine should still be under warranty. Go see your local stealer. I agree with you, those letters SUCK!!!!!!!!! Yopu would think for a $16,500 bike, they could have come up with something nicer and more appealing, or professional. There I go thinkin again, somebody slap me!

·
Ride Anything
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
N

myneed4speed said:
And now there are 2 available.
Thanks MyNeed4 Speed! I sent a PM to SirMrMr because his location was a little closer to my parents house in MD. I'm TAD to Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA right now so I can just pick it up at my parents once it arrives.

I was worried I wouldn't find an N and my brother sugested that I post it on the forum. Sure enough, the fine folks on the forum came through.

Joe :dance:

·
Ride Anything
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks SirMrMr

A big thanks to SirMrMr!!! I got the N put on and now my bike doesn't look a mess anymore. :biker:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts