Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing the HD LED Taillight on my 03. There is an extra blue wire (pic below) separate from the harness plug that is not on the stock taillight. There is no info regarding the wire in the install instructions that I can find.

Any wisdom on what I should do with this wire? Is it for newer assemblies?

led pin.jpg

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm a dumbass. Figured it out when I looked at it awake.

Stoopid. :banghead:

·
Registered
189 Posts
The blue wire is for running light. Check the OEM plug wire to see where the blue is. Then push the blue wire the same location like the OEM. Normally the blue wire always next to the black wire.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just check my tail light. The blue wire plug in the 4 hole.

Black, Orange ( skip one hole) than push the blue wire in the 4 hole.

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, thanks guys, I appreciate the help!! I figured it out this morning after some sleep... Took a second look at it and realized my blonde moment...

Pics below with the brake off/on. Really like the look of it.

LED Tail.jpg

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
The non domestic bikes need to be able to switch the tail/running light, and the small pilot lamp in the headlight on in the ACC position. By law this is for parking outside city limits. The receptacle with blue wire would be opposite the orange/stripe wire than.

So your running light would work in acc position too. could be handy to show the taillight without disarming the alarm and need to power up the whole system.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The Heavycycles Stage 2 light has the integrated signals but is no where near 180.00 now!! Look at heavycycles.com!! I got the stage 1 light and it is bright when you hit the brakes!! Nobody wants to ride behind me at night-LOL Plus I like the "V" running light!!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
The Heavycycles Stage 2 light has the integrated signals but is no where near 180.00 now!! Look at heavycycles.com!! I got the stage 1 light and it is bright when you hit the brakes!! Nobody wants to ride behind me at night-LOL Plus I like the "V" running light!!
That's why I jumped when I saw that price! LOL! $250+ for the cheapest version and if I'm not wrong takes a lot to get them shipped... :spank:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts