Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of never used HD hard bags with chrome top. These were purchased in 2003 with the vrod but never installed. All mounting hardware included except for the install instructions. I'll take a second look or you can get instructions from HD. I should clarify that when ordered all hardware was supposed to be included. Because they've never been installed I'm not 100% sure of it! These have been garage stored and still have the plastic protector covering the chrome tops.

$500 + packaging/shipping

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great deal man, I wish that they were cobalt blue and were around about a year ago...........

I am surprised that someone hasn't bought these yet? Good luck man.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lestat. I'm fairly motivated to sell them and then "reinvest" the profit! Today is phase one of "learn to wrench" which I define as cleaning out all the crap in my garage. These were among the items I had taking up space.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am very interested. I am going to check on some shipping prices to Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These would ship from North Carolina zip code 27713. Not sure how much packaging would be yet, I plan to take it to a Mailboxes Etc or a UPS store to find out. They usually doublebox something this size.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
you can double box it way cheaper .. buying the boxes from a palce like that isnt a bad idea but letting them pack it is a rip... all you need is some bubble wrap and boxes.. they will probably charge you upwards of 75 to wrap them then charge to ship..

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
oh and how much of the hardware stays when you take them off ? cause i am all about the aestethics.. i am very interested as well that is a really good price

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
Another set available

If Bluecamel's sell, I have a set also that are in great shape. The only catch is they are custom painted purple marble with CHROME tops to match my bike. You would need to have them painted to match your bike. PM me if interested. I will sell for the same $500.00 + shipping.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
oh and how much of the hardware stays when you take them off ? cause i am all about the aestethics.. i am very interested as well that is a really good price
This bolt behind the shock is all that is left, I have not had bags on in over a year. You can take off set up in about 10-15 min. Once you are used to it. I did it a lot when I was using the bags, now I have the BMW so no bags, just like it better without. But I will tell you I was awesome to have them, just so convenient.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've sold these. Thanks for all the interest. If you're still looking for a set then ask 258ci about his set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts