Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK had the HDGO sitting around since I owned my 04 "A" and decided to put it on the "F". Good news is headlight still works for both hi and low. Bad news is I'm still carring a garage remote around. I have DDM Tuning low beam only HID setup. Wired the HD transmitter to the headlight wires(orange/white to orange/white; yellow to yellow and white to white). Negative from transmitter is grounded to negative battery post. Reciever is hard wired into roof-mounted unit and plugged into ceiling socket. First, anybody see anything missing with that. Second the transmitter is supposed to have an LED on it, where the he11 is that? Nothing remotely looks like a light on the transmitter. If the transmitter doesn't light the troubleshooting guide says the problems in my wiring/connections; or, lastly will this thing just not operate with a HID setup. As always thanks in advance.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
It seems like you have everything wired to your bike correctly by color. But you never mentioned how you have the receiver wired to your garage door opener. Maybe the problem is there.

Have you opened the transmitter unit to see if the light is inside?

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
The transmitters LED light is on the back side where the components are visible. It is very small, about the size of a pin head.
Toggle the high/low beam switch and it should light up. If not then the unit is either faulty or the connections are faulty or incorrect.

If you used those crimp connectors that may be your problem. SOLDER those wire connections in place.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that pin hole back there. I really thought it would be something a little larger, but it's definitely not lighting, so back to the drawing board. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts